• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Occupy Bath

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupy Bath

Anyone else got Occupy in their home town?

Went into town on Saturday to take my nephew to the Christmas market & go ice skating.

Got to Queen's Square where they normally have the skating rink to find it looking like Greenham Common.

WTF do they think they're protesting against in Bath for God's sake?? Not exactly many bankers around.

(since found out they haven't had the ice rink for a couple of years. Attracted weirdos by all accounts. That was the council's excuse for not having it anyway).

They don't have Occupy Salford or Wythenshaw for some obscure reason.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The Manchester lot got kicked out (again) last week

Video: Occupy Manchester protesters leave Spinningfields after bailiffs serve eviction papers | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

I work overlooking these so called protestors and have apparently passed them every working day, I never knew they were there. Not much of a protest if you ask me.
      "What do we want?"
      "Slightly less capitalism!"
      "When do we want it?"
      "As soon as is convenient!"
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Bath is a hive of er capitalism!

You only have to look at the Xmas Market, small capitalist tat businneses trying to earn a crust. Bastards.

(even I did one year ;-) )
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think when you are passing these protests in the streets of your home town or of any town for that matter it is good to stop and ponder you're relative good fortune to these people who have not got much money and live the lives of vagrants.

Just try and think of others who are less fortunate than yourself on one occassion.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Went into town on Saturday to take my nephew to the Christmas market & go ice skating.

(since found out they haven't had the ice rink for a couple of years. Attracted weirdos by all accounts. That was the council's excuse for not having it anyway).
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
              I think when you are passing these protests in the streets of your home town or of any town for that matter it is good to stop and ponder you're relative good fortune to these people who have not got much money and live the lives of vagrants.

Just try and think of others who are less fortunate than yourself on one occassion.
              Crikey! You try thinking of almost everybody else on the planet! Bloody hard work that is.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                There were 3 people in the occupy Swansea thingie on Saturday.
                That's because the rest of S. Wales was in Bath.

Comment

This about sums it up:
                  Occupy Bath

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    This about sums it up:
                    Occupy Bath

Comment

Working...
                    X