• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JK Galbraith RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JK Galbraith RIP

John Kenneth Galbraith died on the 29th April, he would be rembered by most here as setting up the first Computer Science Department at a university in India.

Favourite quote: "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite."
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

There goes all hope of clueful staff to outsource to.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I would have thought

most here would remember him for his book "The Great Crash: 1929" - well at least that's what I remember him for.

Cracking read btw, the situation then seems oddly familiar today.

Comment

I remember reading and enjoying "Age of Uncertainty" but have never heard of the 1929 book, I'll have to check it out sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          What?

People are taking stock broking tips from the shoeshine boy & borrowing thousands to invest on that basis?

If so, we're doomed...

not exactly - but every postman, hairdresser, taxi driver, etc. knows that you can make a killing buying and selling property :-)

Comment

Working...
          X