• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compulsory Voting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compulsory Voting

Some bunch of tossers have come up with this again as the turn out gets ever lower...

The Right Honourable Peter Hain MP (candidate for a good old stabbity stab stab stab) and Geoff Hoon MP both think it's a terribly good and spiffing idea...

Better idea would be to give people the idea that there is some point in voting, but that concept is much too difficult for them.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Turn it into a raffle. Voters slip is pulled out at random and gets £1M prize.

Comment

Your turds have points? Hey that's an idea, why can't the government be afflicted with enormously spiked turd disease?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Great idea - all sorts of disenfranchised voters will be placing a cross on any contender just for the chance of a £1m. I think it will be worth it just to see Peter Snow's face as he struggles with his Swingometer. Great entertainment!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

As I used to hear them say in Ireland: "Vote early, vote often."
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I like that idea but would expand it to the first constituency to reach 100% turnout pays no council tax

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
                I like that idea but would expand it to the first constituency to reach 100% turnout pays no council tax
                Don't say that - it'd give them an excuse to raise it the year after. Mind you I haven't paid my last two bills yet as my council haven't collected my bin for nearly 2 months (I have phoned them and complained but apparently we threw out some unauthorised rubbish!?!?).
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

"Hey look here, someones thrown out a perfectly good white boy."

threaded in "I watch way too many movies" mode
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes, and anyone who votes for the wrong party can be traced and dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                    X