• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Bank Account

Hi all,
    new to all this, just got first contract etc and was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent business bank account?

Had a quick look at the free one on the main site, but as yet dont have any proof of trading address , except a cheeky letter from switch media, so waiting to find out if I qualify, and exploring other options in the mean time.

thanks
    RB

I find abbey ok. Convenient online system, no charges, bit of interest.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Avoid Abbey - the bastards have just screwed me quite badly by not accepting two cheques and then charged me for going overdrawn. The same cheques went into HSBC fine and are from a VERY reputable city company.

I've just moved to HSBC Direct (was First Direct) - no problems so far and the account was opened over the phone (I'm already an HSBC customer). No charges either.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        I find abbey ok. Convenient online system, no charges, bit of interest.
        They seem okay but no bank will open a company account for you without you having a limited company setup. (or invoices if self-employed)

If you've got a company certificate you also have proof of business address.

Comment

I'm with Abbey, never had a problem with them. As posted above, good online banking, no charges (within very reasonable transaction limits), and were very quick to set up the account (within two weeks). This might have been because I've been a personal customer with them for about 10 years.

Comment

We're with the HSBC - both Business and Personal, very good, open to new ideas, very good business manager, all in all top stuff. Good internet banking as well.....
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
            X