• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is I.T. contracting a target for the middle the road gold digger ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since 1998 I've been hearing many stories of I.T. contractors getting divorced; which is why I avoided marriage like the plague - it seems to be a real life trashing experience.

I'm wondering do you think that generally divorces occur because people's expectations are unrealistic on either side of the relationship ? i.e. the wife wants the husband to spend more time at home and earn more money with regularity but with the increased pressures in life with extended time at work, rate cuts and career insecurity in this economy do you think these are contributing factors to the divorce ?

Do you think the woman thinks 'this guy is the best I can get and he earns well above average' so I'll go for that and see if anything better comes along... I.T. is not really a respected profession, most women are not proud to say that their husband works in I.T.; also its not a career that will lead you to the dizzy heights of CEO in Corporations...

What am saying is that is I.T. contracting a target for the middle the road gold digger ?

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    What am saying is that is I.T. contracting a target for the middle the road gold digger ?
    A very good question - and I suspect you will get a much better response if you post in General rather than Accounting/Legal.

Comment

Very good question from sbakoola

<mod note: moved to top of this thread>

Since 1998 I've been hearing many stories of I.T. contractors getting divorced; which is why I avoided marriage like the plague - it seems to be a real life trashing experience.

I'm wondering do you think that generally divorces occur because people's expectations are unrealistic on either side of the relationship ? i.e. the wife wants the husband to spend more time at home and earn more money with regularity but with the increased pressures in life with extended time at work, rate cuts and career insecurity in this economy do you think these are contributing factors to the divorce ?

Do you think the woman thinks 'this guy is the best I can get and he earns well above average' so I'll go for that and see if anything better comes along... I.T. is not really a respected profession, most women are not proud to say that their husband works in I.T.; also its not a career that will lead you to the dizzy heights of CEO in Corporations...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        A very good question - and I suspect you will get a much better response if you post in General rather than Accounting/Legal.
        It is???
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sorry, I can't understand the question.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Brillo just wanted hang Sabookla out to dry and let us all enjoy his moronic post.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Sorry, I can't understand the question.
              Ah yes. I forget that in general one has to go to the level of the LCD. Let me paraphrase - is Wilmslow likely to get laid soon for his money? Or is that still too complex?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Brillo just wanted hang Sabookla out to dry and let us all enjoy his moronic post.
                I think its a superb question. I am amazed it has not been asked before on CUK.

Though in my own case being an IT Contractor was irrelevant in the marriage or in the divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Ah yes. I forget that in general one has to go to the level of the LCD. Let me paraphrase - is Wilmslow likely to get laid soon for his money? Or is that still too complex?
                  I'll stick with my Plasma thanks, much better blacks
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I'll stick with my Plasma thanks, much better blacks
                    Racist!

Comment

Working...
                    X