• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Ads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Ads

Aaaaaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!

I just nearly threw a shoe through the TV. Morrissey, you just sold out a whole generation!

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Aaaaaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!

I just nearly threw a shoe through the TV. Morrissey, you just sold out a whole generation!
    Johnny Rotten advertises butter FFS.

Comment

I quite like it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Johnny Rotten advertises butter FFS.
            Iggy Pop advertises car insurance. Really 'stickin it to the man' there Iggy.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Iggy Pop advertises car insurance. Really 'stickin it to the man' there Iggy.
              Actually I thought that was quite cool of Iggy. The guy spends his whole life doing exactly as he pleases, refusing to conform to anything and then decides he may as well make some cash from simply being Iggy Pop. Good on him.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The John Lewis ad has been heavily talked about the past few weeks.

Not sure why. Am I missing some subliminal message?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Actually I thought that was quite cool of Iggy. The guy spends his whole life doing exactly as he pleases, refusing to conform to anything and then decides he may as well make some cash from simply being Iggy Pop. Good on him.
                  But 'car insurance', that's just such a lame product to sell out for. At least Lemmy chose beer (I'll overlook the fact that it was French).
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Didn't Lemmy advertise personal pensions?

I'm sure it had the immortal line "fill the bath with vodka".
                    Not familiar with that one zeity, and Google isn't helping. Are you sure it wasn't you who filled the bath with vodka?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X