• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn Statement

Not seen much on here regarding this, just watched the news and it looks pretty depressing.

Cannot see that there is anything that has affected the contractor market, except that we now have to work an extra year before we can take a pension
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Not seen much on here regarding this, just watched the news and it looks pretty depressing.

Cannot see that there is anything that has affected the contractor market, except that we now have to work an extra year before we can take a pension
    Yeah it sucks we have to work till 51 now
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

What about the growth figures and the unemployment and inflation etc, already affecting the market, lot of those in banking had to swallow a rate cut (except TestMangler coz he's hard)

Comment

Things look bleak - even assuming there is a decent end to the Eurozone crisis.

Comment

I just don't think Labour and the unions have got just how much sh1t we are in, just where do they think we are going to get the money to funds these fantastic pension schemes, pay rises etc.

I have read today just how much we are still planning to borrow until after the next election, and there seems to be no plan to actually start paying this debt off.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
          X