• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fecking blind postman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fecking blind postman

Every day I receive letters for next door, the guy across the street, house with the same number but different street name.

I also fail to receive mail that I know has been posted to me.

Is there a complaints procedure for the blind gits that deliver the wrong mail to me and delivers my mail god knows where?

Don't worry, according to bovvered, Blunkett will be moving back to his old job shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Every day I receive letters for next door, the guy across the street, house with the same number but different street name.

Is there a complaints procedure for the blind gits that deliver the wrong mail to me and delivers my mail god knows where?
      try the royal mail web tulipe, you can use their email system but I warn you now you don't necessarily get a response. After my recent debacle with them I would advise ringing them:
      http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...ediaId=5400002
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Hand the wrongly delivered letters back to them personally whilst they are still doing the round - they will soon get fed up if their sack starts getting heavier rather than lighter. Get your neighbours together and collect the mail over a week before handing it back and they will get the message.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Your main problem here, is, I fear, a perception that postmen need to be able to read to do their task. Once you understand that this is not really a requirement of their employers, the Mail, on their employees, the Posties, you will soon realise that it is best if you just put the miss-delivered mail back in the post box. If everyone did this, instead of doing the postman's job for them, their, that is the postman's, sack would become so heavy they would be crushed under the weight and a Darwinian process would begin, either the postmen would become big and strong enough to carry an enormous sack, or they become able to read, or seeing as most are recruited as failing students for a Xmas job, so the previous two possibilities are highly unlikely, they might just go postal and kill all the customers thereby alleviating the problem, apart from TV licenses and the other accoutrements of the State that will still be delivered.

You could try writing a complaint to the local sorting office, but do remember to mention the date of the miss-delivery, and to send your missive ASAP after the error. This will solve several potential problems: one, that the manager at the post office will tell off the wrong postie (they just grab the one doing your street on the day the complaint was received and tell them off), two, that the now upset postie will not know that you complained about someone else and go postal on yer ass, three, that you can, as you're being terminated claim to have said it wasn't them but the one on the other day.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

'round our way, Posties are fond of stashing months worth of mail in skips / own houses / bushes rather than actually deliver said items.

Also the mail business is riddled with fraud where anything remotely valuable looking is squirreled away for personal use.

Solution:
            1: Unless you register the post don't use it as a means of communication.
            2: Shoot all posties and replace with foreign labour (may have done that already)

Bonus: HM Govt does not register mail, if caught out with time sensitive mail leading to fines... just say you 'never received it'

Comment

Have there ever been any postdaleks?

Comment

I've been waiting for an important PIN number from a business bank and it appears that although it was posted on the 3rd April, I never received it.

Now of course I have to deal with the bank, whose IT systems can't cope with the concept of a missing PIN and anyhow it's all in India, and no one speaks English anyway, oh what's the fecking point....

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  At the Mails research place in Swindon, incidentally the place where the only chap with a license for a sawn off shotgun works, they often trot out the idea for robots to deliver the mail, they have a few meetings, but then realise it is too difficult at the moment. But they do look at it, seriously, quite regular.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100

Are you stalking me?

Comment

Working...
                    X