• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car options

Been looking into the fuel economy of my car – 45mpg.

Compared it to a Hyundai I-30 diesel 1.6 which reports to be as below.

On 30K miles per year, and with the unlimited mileage warranty, the annual fuel cost goes from around £4300 to £3100.

Can get top of the range with a third off as they are changing models for around £200 a month for 4 years if I trade in my gas-guzzling Focus. (£12,000, or pauper versionfor £10K, but I need cruise for managed motorways with average speed check).

Just wondering if anyone has any I-30 experience and can advise if 60mpg on a hilly motorway does look rather realistic or not….

EC Urban (mpg) 53.3
    EC Extra Urban (mpg) 68.9
    EC Combined (mpg) 62.8

You posting that here is like us posting on the Hedge Fund Managers Forum what cheap champagne tastes like.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

On 30K miles per year, and with the unlimited mileage warranty, the annual fuel cost goes from around £4300 to £3100.

Can get top of the range with a third off as they are changing models for around £200 a month for 4 years if I trade in my gas-guzzling Focus. (£12,000, or pauper versionfor £10K, but I need cruise for managed motorways with average speed check).

Just wondering if anyone has any I-30 experience and can advise if 60mpg on a hilly motorway does look rather realistic or not….

EC Urban (mpg) 53.3
      EC Combined (mpg) 62.8

Try this you dumpling

Comment

Person A: "So, what car do you drive?"
        Person B: "I've got a Hyundai..."
        Person A: "...Urm, just remembered I've got to wash my hair. Bye!"

Enough said.

Comment

If your going to get a car for fuel economy and you live in wilmslow at least get a Volkswagen or Honda/Toyota or some other mid-range car. Talking about Hyundai is permie talk.

Comment

considering where you live and where you work a helicopter is the way to go.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

Enough said.
              Good way of weeding out the gold diggers then.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

EC Urban (mpg) 53.3
                EC Combined (mpg) 62.8
                What's the book fuel figure of the focus. Mine said 52 when I bought it I get around 45.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  If your going to get a car for fuel economy and you live in wilmslow at least get a Volkswagen or Honda/Toyota or some other mid-range car. Talking about Hyundai is permie talk.
                  Hyundais/Kias are now as well built as Honda, Toyota and better than a Focus.
                  Designed in Germany, built in Europe, the only "dodgy" thing is the badge.
                  Still I suppose there are morons who don't understand how the car industry workd and/or have small penises who would spend £5K more for a Focus.
                  HTH
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

Enough said.
                    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Good way of weeding out the gold diggers then.
                    . . . and excessively hairy women!
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X