• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who finishes their contract end of Dec?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who finishes their contract end of Dec?

Which lucky ones are in contract up to and over christmas/new year?

Mine finishes end of Dec bit rubbish was hoping to have a least a bit of time over into the next year but its not to be, not ideal but can't be helped in this game I suppose.

Its the first year for me in 3 years of contracting I have been out of work in Jan! Just wondered whos in the same boat.

I'm in contract until end of January, then who knows?

Generally I've found january's not such a bad time to find new contracts as yearly budgets become available, so don't worry too much.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Mid December. Then, according to last night's newsnight I'm looking forward to 10+ years of depression (depending on when the euro bomb explodes).

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
        Which lucky ones are in contract up to and over christmas/new year?

Mine finishes end of Dec bit rubbish was hoping to have a least a bit of time over into the next year but its not to be, not ideal but can't be helped in this game I suppose.

Its the first year for me in 3 years of contracting I have been out of work in Jan! Just wondered whos in the same boat.
        So book a chalet high up in France for a months skiing. Every cloud and all that....
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I'm in contract until next march, and have been told I'll probably be extended.

(if the Bobs don't take over )
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Mid jan here - I need some time off though.

Although likely extended, .

Comment

December

Thought I was out at the end of year but just been given a 6 month extension (with a 10% rate cut) but just glad to still be in a contract (and still well paid for an idiot like me!).

A couple of years ago I ended a contract in December - took 2 / 3 months to get another role. January was deathly quiet but Feb and March were not too bad - admitedly, this was just when the recession hit.

Comment

I am finishing on 4th of Jan. Dont know anything about extensions atm, but fingers crossed will get an extension.
                Just in case things go tits up, I also have a permie role, to probably carry me through to June, as the probation is for 6 months.

Comment

Benched 2nd Dec, just about the worst possible time, expecting minimum 3 months off...

Comment

I was expecting to be done at the end of this year but just got a 3 month extension to 30/03/12 with no rate change.
                    Gronda Gronda

Comment

Working...
                    X