• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new BBC website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new BBC website

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 9 June 2022, 16:56.

Thought I should try to become Godlike for my birthday, but I may have left it a bit late.

<Placeholder>

Insert witty post here!

</Placeholder>

P.S. some thread domination too.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Didn't someone get banned for doing some thread domination once?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hope not
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
          Why must they keep changing it? Is this just change for change's sake? I don't like the way it looks now.
          That argument would mean we'd all be using static HTML4 pages with marquee text effects.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
            I don't like the new style of the BBC website. All that white background makes it look like a few jpg's stuck on a piece of A4 plain paper! There was nothing wrong with it before this recent change.

I remember when they changed the weather page a year or two back, which annoyed me because the previous style was fine as it was.

Why must they keep changing it? Is this just change for change's sake? I don't like the way it looks now.

I used to think that the BBC website (especially the news part) was one of the best websites on the internet, and was a pleasure to use. The way they are going, they will end up spoiling it.
            I imagine the new "sparse" look is intended to match how web sites are typically displayed minimally on mobbies.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 9 June 2022, 16:55.

Comment

BBC - BBC Internet Blog: A New Homepage for BBC Online Plenty agree with you.

Comment

I'm not too keen on it

It looks even worse on an iPad than it does on the desktop.

Comment

I was looking for the "don't like our new look, click here to return to our old look"
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X