• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK to expel all Iranian diplomats over embassy attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK to expel all Iranian diplomats over embassy attack

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 9 June 2022, 17:46.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    BBC News - UK to expel all Iranian diplomats over embassy attack

Is this not just a silly tit-for-tat reaction? If the UK embassy in Iran was stormed by protestors (not the Iranian government or officials), then is it really necessary for us to expel Iranian diplomats from the UK? Do we not risk simply escallating bad relations? Wouldn't this have been a good opportunity to be the bigger man and just not be so reactive?
    The protesters are not real students but political watch dogs who job it is to keep an eye on student and professor activities. They lead these type of protests.

Unfortunately politicians on both sides are acting like kids or even thugs much to the embarrassment of ordinary folk. Meanwhile German, French, Chinese, Japanese and Russian exporters continue to do business.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Thought I should try to become Godlike for my birthday, but I may have left it a bit late.

<Placeholder>

Insert witty post here!

</Placeholder>

P.S. some thread domination too.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Sure one could write a bit of code to do that. Or NF could.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Surely we had no choice, we can't allow the world see us take this sort of action and do nothing. This was all set up by the Iranian government in any case, seems they are going through internal power struggle between the religious leader and the political leader - we can't trust the Iranian government I just hope that the people eventually throw off their government and get a government they can freely choose.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            Surely we had no choice, we can't allow the world see us take this sort of action and do nothing. This was all set up by the Iranian government in any case, seems they are going through internal power struggle between the religious leader and the political leader - we can't trust the Iranian government I just hope that the people eventually throw off their government and get a government they can freely choose.
            You are aware that the Iranians do in fact have democratic elections ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

Sure, in the same way that they are free to hold peaceful demonstrations.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

I think it is just as well that we have withdrawn all our diplmaatic staff from this country whilst these troubles are afoot.

I think if we did not make this move we could have potetntially have been facing a hostage situation.

This whole thing to me, to be honest with you, smacks of 1979.

We do not want to see helicopters colliding on the tarmac again or to see another Balcombe Street Siege.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Has the Pickfords van parked up in Princes Gate yet?
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X