• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been on a conference call with the subcontinent...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been on a conference call with the subcontinent...

...and gave up because I don't understand a bloody word the Indian chap is saying.

Why oh why, if Indian software firms are doing business worldwide, don't they send their undoubtedly otherwise competent people on courses in 'speaking English clearly'?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...and gave up because I don't understand a bloody word the Indian chap is saying.

Why oh why, if Indian software firms are doing business worldwide, don't they send their undoubtedly otherwise competent people on courses in 'speaking English clearly'?
    You get used to it after a while.

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I am sure they say the same thing when talking to Glaswegian, Geordie or West Country Bumpkins
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Having travelled around that part of the world and speaking a few Asian languages I don't have a problem. Perhaps you should game up and learn Urdu.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Having travelled around that part of the world and speaking a few Asian languages I don't have a problem. Perhaps you should game up and learn Urdu.
          That's only useful if you want to be an urdresser

Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            That's only useful if you want to be an urdresser

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheFaQQer again

Sorry mate, that deserved +ve !!!
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

They're the vendor, the onus is on them to provide a useful service. Being able to talk is part of it
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why Urdu? When the national language is Hindi?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Why oh why don't they send their undoubtedly otherwise competent people on courses in 'speaking English clearly'?
                  Indeed... can they also not teach that it's repulsive to hock up and snort and make other farmyard type noises whilst sat at your desk?
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I am sure they say the same thing when talking to Glaswegian, Geordie or West Country Bumpkins
                    I understand them, sometimes.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X