• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capita's margin is only 6%?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capita's margin is only 6%?

Hi,

can anybody confirm this?

Is this correct, regardless of the role and rate!??!

Please advise,

Do you mean Crapita Resourcing or Crapita itself?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

uh..oh.. crapita!?!?

I meant the IT division. Capita Resourcing. I was querying the margin on contract employees on an hourly rate.

Are you able to advie? Please help, many thanks.
      Last edited by Boolean; 2 May 2006, 14:47.

Comment

Would say it is crap

Comment

The usual seems to be 10-15%..

Comment

Strange, thought I posted an answer already. Oh well...

Ermm anyway - enitrely possible with a solid PSL agreement. My current agency is running on 4%
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              Strange, thought I posted an answer already. Oh well...

Ermm anyway - enitrely possible with a solid PSL agreement. My current agency is running on 4%
              Which is extremely low - but if they are the only people able to place then it could be worth it to the agency.

One thing to bear in mind though is never choose a role or agent by their margin.

Which is better a role that pays the agent £600 and they get to keep 25% or one which pays the agent £4000 and they get to keep 4%???

The rate you want is always the correct way to judge a contract and its value not the amount the agent can squirrel away!

Comment

Originally posted by Boolean
                uh..oh.. crapita!?!?
                They've always been known as Crapita. Clueless feckwits. Rates that Indians would think twice about. Mention IR35 and they haven't a clue. Best avoided. That about sums them up.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Boolean
                  Hi,

can anybody confirm this?

Is this correct, regardless of the role and rate!??!

Please advise,

Depends on:

1) Are you just being payrolled via Capita (ie the client and you arranged the deal and gave you to Capita to payroll) -if so 6% is a little high
                  2) If Capita found you on behalf of the client instructing them with a vacancy, 6% is pretty low but not unheard of. They may have reduced their margin in order to secure the deal if the client would not move on rates.

Comment

i think my current agent is taking just over 4% based on a Preferred status with the client...
                    I know this because the perms told me what the total cost to the company was per day.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
                    X