• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top website mistake?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top website mistake?

Was going to order a 2nd hand mountain bike but decided not to after clicking on terms and conditions and finding irrelevant text in Latin. Hmmm. Bit of a testing oversight there.

Station Bicycle - Terms Of Use
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

So a small business that isn't IT related has used a template and not finished it off properly. That is just stand blurb that many templates use to put some text in.

Even Wikipedia do the same on their templates..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Lorem_ipsum

I hardly think this is the sole reason you shouldn't do business with them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Was going to order a 2nd hand mountain bike but decided not to after clicking on terms and conditions and finding irrelevant text in Latin. Hmmm. Bit of a testing oversight there.

Station Bicycle - Terms Of Use
      Hmmmm, at least the Latin is (most probably) spelt correctly, unlike "Breaks and Parts" (well, it would, wouldn't it?) and "single speed bik".
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's a defect report from Bob.

"Terms of use Contact, Search, development and variation, your image needs Him, in your various Address here. Shakira understand your hatred of a new study has more lakes future. Your cart engines was the mystery for you here. Phone and leave your comments, PHP and Perl. Thanks for the great and here you here that, unless more reliable, more of the leaven of your return to civilization."

Comment

Makes a change from Ipsum whatever it is one usually sees.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            So a small business that isn't IT related has used a template and not finished it off properly. That is just stand blurb that many templates use to put some text in.

Even Wikipedia do the same on their templates..

Template:Lorem ipsum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hardly think this is the sole reason you shouldn't do business with them.
            How quaint. Everyone who's anyone is using bacon lipsum these days

I've translated the paragraph and it makes much meatier reading as

Bacon ipsum dolor sit amet sausage chuck culpa, salami rump hamburger laboris labore consequat chicken ut nisi meatball tail. Ham hock culpa filet mignon, pariatur ground round biltong brisket sunt hamburger kielbasa dolor. Pork belly pork chop pig strip steak. Pancetta pig nulla flank turkey esse. Pariatur pork officia qui sed veniam, spare ribs sirloin ham hock shank hamburger frankfurter biltong shoulder. Velit fugiat ut, incididunt non in biltong cow et filet mignon consectetur exercitation sint. Shoulder veniam cupidatat jerky.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              It's a defect report from Bob.

"Terms of use Contact, Search, development and variation, your image needs Him, in your various Address here. Shakira understand your hatred of a new study has more lakes future. Your cart engines was the mystery for you here. Phone and leave your comments, PHP and Perl. Thanks for the great and here you here that, unless more reliable, more of the leaven of your return to civilization."
              I just tried putting it into Google translate and found something similar.

What scares me is that "nascetur ridiculus mus." translates to "PHP and Perl".

Those Romans were such a clever bunch, and so ahead of their time....

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                I just tried putting it into Google translate and found something similar.

What scares me is that "nascetur ridiculus mus." translates to "PHP and Perl".

Those Romans were such a clever bunch, and so ahead of their time....
                multo velocitate, velocitas copia

Comment

Working...
                X