• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Mobile Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Mobile Broadband

Anyone else use them on a pay as you go basis?

When you buy a top up online, you don't get a receipt & there's no billing information on your account details page on their website.

Apparently, according to the gentleman who dealt with my enquiry, you have to phone up and request a receipt - i.e the normal convoluted call centre scenario - and you get your receipt a couple of days later.

Can't believe that that's the case; what a completely cr@p way to operate.

I'm on the £15 for 10GB monthly plan with one months notice. Seemed like better value than PAYG.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I'm on the £15 for 10GB monthly plan with one months notice. Seemed like better value than PAYG.
      I'm on the 10GB monthly plan but only pay £10 for it.

Its a micro sim card and used for ipad2 but they gave me an adaptor and its fine.

Comment

WHS but I get 15GB for £18 and a mifi
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Rats! I'm on the 5gb £15 monthly plan!

Although rolling I've been on it a year so need to review anyway - I've been focusing efforts on reviewing and changing my office BB so have taken my eye off the mobile one.

Do I have to cancel one and purchase the upgraded deal?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Rats! I'm on the 5gb £15 monthly plan!

Although rolling I've been on it a year so need to review anyway - I've been focusing efforts on reviewing and changing my office BB so have taken my eye off the mobile one.

Do I have to cancel one and purchase the upgraded deal?
            they like yuo to take out new contracts to the best deals, which means upgrading the dongle and agreeing to another 18 months minimum
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

They are extortionate if you go over your alloted amount. We got one for my son while he is away from home at school. He batters it and on a couple of months the bill came in at over £30. They charged £18.04 for his normal 15gb and the rest was because he used 200mb over this

I've told them to cap it so it can't go over from now on
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Tulip quality.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Tulip quality.
                  In a bad mood

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Tulip quality.
                    Only one that has indoor coverage where I stay during the week

I could get vodafone but I'd have to do my surfing sat in the field out the back.

Edit: but I should be used to that
                    Last edited by wurzel; 2 December 2011, 15:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X