• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project running late - offer to work weekend cos I'm a star!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project running late - offer to work weekend cos I'm a star!

Project running seriously late. Urgent something gets sorted by monday.

Various factors as to why its late ranging from over optimistic schedules, iffy design, late delivery of hardware, lack of resource etc.

It never ceases to amaze though how often this happens. Offered to come in Sunday if its helpful, AS LONG AS someone gets authorisation for me to do so (i.e. I get to bill for it !!!) Everything goes strangely quiet then.... Oh well ClientCo you cant be that bothered about it then.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I hope you're billing 200% for that.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I'll do it for standard day rate in the interests of goodwill. Admitedly, it should be a bit of a premium I reckon but there's not a chance in hell that client will pay that.

It seems I'm always the one who looks like I'm being awkward twat mentioning sorting it out in advance etc.

Not helped by the fact that I heard rumour of another contractor here whos done a few free days at the weekends Makes them expect everyone to do that. LF !!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        I'll do it for standard day rate in the interests of goodwill. Admitedly, it should be a bit of a premium I reckon but there's not a chance in hell that client will pay that.

It seems I'm always the one who looks like I'm being awkward twat mentioning sorting it out in advance etc.

Not helped by the fact that I heard rumour of another contractor here whos done a few free days at the weekends Makes them expect everyone to do that. LF !!!
        Is there not some kind of law against contractors working for free particularly at weekends? We should form a union and then kick that idiot out.
        Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          Is there not some kind of law against contractors working for free particularly at weekends? We should form a union and then kick that idiot out.
          Let's form a union and strike!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Qdos suggested on a contract review that being paid a different rate for overtime is what permies do, so was an IR35 pointer.

I never offer anyway.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Qdos suggested on a contract review that being paid a different rate for overtime is what permies do, so was an IR35 pointer.

I never offer anyway.
              I suppose it is. Perhaps charge a call out fee as well then..... (After all if you called someone out to fix your central heating I guess you'd be looking at least at an extra charge and not just same cost as weekday!)

Comment

rumour of another contractor here whos done a few free days at the weekends
                oh no no no

Comment

As J Clarkson would say, he should be taken outside and shot in front of his family.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by RobertRice View Post
                    oh no no no
                    Not cool. Makes everyone else look bad then when we dont act like permies like they have!

Comment

Working...
                    X