• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT, again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT, again

Phone line & broadband went down for a week while I was working from home.

Major inconvenience.

Got a business line so thought, Ok, I'll get compo.

Just received the claim form.

They want to see:

latest audited profit & loss accounts
    Last 4 VAT returns
    12 weeks of weekly accounts (wtf?)
    Evidence of wasted expenditure
    Calculations of claimed losses

I might just chuck that form in the bin and head down the pub. Feck it.

Same here, waste of time. Still without service.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

My sympathies gents.

They made life really hard for me when trying to work from home on a couple of occasions, to the point where I scrapped the idea.

On the idea of decamping somewhere else for a short contract while they get their act together, well forget that too. They point blank refused to make an appointment more than two weeks in advance for an engineer's visit, and really didn't give a monkeys about you having to take time off work, whatever financial loss that entailed.

Scum. Utter scum,
      Last edited by Sysman; 2 December 2011, 17:53.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Yeah I have dealt with BT a number of times in a business context and quite simply you get what you are given - normally - and just deal with it.

I have also tried to get compensation etc for poor service but it requires you to expend so much time and effort that by the time you have got any money back the process of getting has cost you just as much if not more.

Even going through a different provider does not help as it has to be BT which maintains the infrastructure.

Grrr

Comment

I've been with BT for years and generally been very pleased with them.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
          X