• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iranians down US drone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranians down US drone

Interesting if true...
    does anybody know the way to ww3?

On 4 December 2011, Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency reported the country's armed forces had shot down an RQ-170 that violated Iranian airspace along its eastern border. Iranian official IRNA news agency also reported that the downed RQ-170 UAV was slightly damaged is currently in the hands of the Iranian forces. aljazeera report suggests that the drone had been brought down by a virtual attack from Iran's cyberwarfare unit, after taking control of it
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

This might cause massive real estate collapse in Teheran.

Comment

Shirley to God they have a firewall on the thing and encrypt the communications? Shirley.

Comment

Where can I buy shares in the company that supplies Iran's Union flags and stars and stripes? Only they seem to be burning plenty.

Comment

Can't find the linky, but I read last week that there's been quite a bit of aggro for some time in Iran from supposedly Western forces attacking the nuclear effort but hasn't been reported in the UK MSM which just reported solely on the embassy attacks.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            there's been quite a bit of aggro for some time in Iran from supposedly Western forces attacking the nuclear effort but hasn't been reported in the UK MSM which just reported solely on the embassy attacks.
            Iran's been burning US flags for a few decades now, nothing new to report - embassy attack however was newsworthy because it affected UK directly and something like this happened with US embassy long time ago which lead to hostage crisis.

Comment

The Iranians have reported before downing a drone and that turned out to be bollocks as they later admitted.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Iran's been burning US flags for a few decades now, nothing new to report - embassy attack however was newsworthy because it affected UK directly and something like this happened with US embassy long time ago which lead to hostage crisis.
                OK, thanks for the update AtW - cheers.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  OK, thanks for the update AtW - cheers.
                  Read up on this here - Iran hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Technically speaking attack on embassy is the same as attack on sovereign territory, ie act of war.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Technically speaking attack on embassy is the same as attack on sovereign territory, ie act of war.
                    Aren't unauthorised overflights of military aircraft also classed as casus belli- an act of war?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X