• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you donated to Wiki?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you donated to Wiki?

I expect I will carry on getting 'a personal appeal by an author' each time I bring up wiki page until such time I cough up. I think it's a wonderful resource, but am skint at the moment. Have any of you wealthy people donated?
    No chance
    30.43%
    No
    30.43%
    Thinking about it
    17.39%
    Yes
    4.35%
    AndyW wrote most of it
    17.39%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I expect I will carry on getting 'a personal appeal by an author' each time I bring up wiki page until such time I cough up. I think it's a wonderful resource, but am skint at the moment. Have any of you wealthy people donated?
    Why do they just not add some banners ads and make some money?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have donated my time to fixing errors in articles, does that count?!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Why do they just not add some banners ads and make some money?
        I think it goes against their idealism of being independent.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That Jimmy Wales comes across as a grade A fanny.

Every time I see his face on the banner I want to poke him in the eye with my pen.

Comment

Nope, never even considered it.

Any chance you can retro-fit a poll?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Nope, never even considered it.

Any chance you can retro-fit a poll?
              Might be.

Comment

wiki what?
                I can't see any way to donate on their website:
                Wiki: Welcome Visitors
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Every time I see his face on the banner I want to poke him in the eye with my pen.
                  I'm not seeing any of those banners on Wiki.

Where's the "smug" icon?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I would never donate to an organisation like Wikipedia which claims to be transparent and independent, and yet has a proven history of protecting a hierarchy of insiders (some in the pay of secret service agencies) who use the site to get across their own biased point of view on controversial topics.

Emails show journalist rigged Wikipedia's naked shorts ? The Register

Spookypedia: SlimVirgin / Linda Mack and MI5

The Wikipedia Review -> General Discussion
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X