• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Syma toy RC helicopters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syma toy RC helicopters

I was looking at these as a possible Christmas gift item and see they get pretty good reviews... but there are so many different ones and I have no idea which is best.

Has anyone got any of these or know more about them? The Syma 107 seems the 'classic' model but very hard to be sure!

Maybe posting this will also help others choose their gifts!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I was looking at these as a possible Christmas gift item and see they get pretty good reviews... but there are so many different ones and I have no idea which is best.

Has anyone got any of these or know more about them? The Syma 107 seems the 'classic' model but very hard to be sure!

Maybe posting this will also help others choose their gifts!
    Don't know about Syma, but I've got one of these. Great fun, and very robust, I've crashed it many times without breaking it. Quite basic though, I'm pining after a more advanced model, maybe Santa will bring me one.

I did try it outside once, though you're not supposed to. It lost contact with the base unit, went straight up in the air, over the hedge and landed perfectly in the neighbour's garden. Was a bit embarrassing knocking on the door and saying "Can I have my helicopter back please?"

Comment

I have an S107G.

Very easy to fly, quite robust and you can get spare parts fairly easily. It's IR and tiny so for indoors only, and it's only 3 channels so not really a proper one.

If you want to spend a bit more the E-Flite ones are supposed to be pretty good.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

+1 for the 107G - great fun, but the battery has to be looked after, or else you end up with 3 minute flights followed by 45 minute charging!

Comment

Working...
        X