• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excuses for being late for work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuses for being late for work

Bloke came in today and claimed be was late as a family of hedgehogs was blocking the road and he had to wait half an hour for them to clear off

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Bloke came in today and claimed be was late as a family of hedgehogs was blocking the road and he had to wait half an hour for them to clear off
    I bet he felt a right prick

Comment

What a nice bloke. If I was his boss he would get a raise.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        Why do you need an excuse?

If I get in late and someone asks why? I just shrug my shoulders.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When I worked at the Babycham factory in Shepton Mallet back in the 80s we had a green card holder called Tulip

During one cold spell, he claimed that he had left his window open when he went to sleep and woke up under a snow drift & he had to be dug out.

Another time he got lost & tried clocking in at the Clarks shoe factory instead.

He also showed his wonger to Princess Anne when she did a tour of the factory.

Comment

Back in the bad old days of permiedom, I was in the scientific civil service.

We had a start time of 8.30 which I rarely made

On a couple of occasions, a fairly senior bloke quizzed my timekeeping.

First time he asked what time I was in that morning. I responded apologetically, stating that it was 'nearer 9 than 8.30'. My response was perfectly true though, in a technical sense. It was 10 to 10.

Second time, I unfortunately bumped in to him on the steps of the building we worked in. He gave me a look and said "Late again Mangler". I gave him a look back and said "Don't worry man, so was I"

It was never a happy relationship........
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Why do you need an excuse?

If I get in late and someone asks why? I just shrug my shoulders.
                WMFS

I start when I start, therefore I'm always on time

Comment

In this morning's paper there was an entry a bit like this one:

Except today's photo had a truck falling off a railway platform.

The lad was going to be late for an interview, so took a photo with his phone and emailed it to the paper.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    WMFS

I start when I start, therefore I'm always on time
                    A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X