• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choice Premier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice Premier

Given this company uses a dodgy forex loan scheme is it good for newbies to have it as an advert on CUK?
    Last edited by russell; 6 December 2011, 11:16.

Why are you asking us?

If you're concerned PM admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Why are you asking us?

If you're concerned PM admin.
      No he might ban me. this way it's out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        No he might ban me. this way it's out in the open.
        Of course you're definitely less likely to get in trouble making claims about CUK's advertisers on their public forum, which they could get in trouble about
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          Given this company uses a dodgy forex loan scheme, is it good for newbies to have it as an advert on CUK?

They can sue you for slander for making such a statement with no attached proof.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            They can sue you for slander for making such a statement with no attached proof.
            Quick, someone quote the OP.

Comment

I would be more concerned with an accountant that clearly cannot add up.

As long as they do not have a bouncing ball I suppose.

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm really interested in this "forex loan" idea and what's it all about, most importanly how legal is it/could it possibly be.

Normally I dismiss these schemes and I have been trading as limited company for some years now, but I always believe contractor UK to be a reputable source and when I see a sponsor advertisment it makes me stand up and listen.

So, Choice Premier, it seems like one you would normally skip over as it reads too good to be true. I'm not a fan of the loan schemes as I heard rumour stories of companies going bust and reselling the loans and you having to repay them?

But this one is different, I guess, in the fact that they loan you in foreign exchange. I got in touch with them and they say we declare everything all the way to HMRC and the money I could get back from my contracts is really good.

I more like the ease of process in that they do my invoicing and then they pay me with little for me to do / worry about and in the years of being a limited company I havnt really felt the benefits of all the added paperwork and processes to follow.

So, Choice Premier, and forex loans....any good or not?

And yes I have searched the forums and read all the info on "loan schemes" but forex loans isnt that well discussed and I dont understand them in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ndoody View Post
                  I'm not a fan of the loan schemes as I heard rumour stories of companies going bust and reselling the loans and you having to repay them?

snip

I dont understand them in anyway.
                  So you don't understand the process that your hard earnt will be following but you are aware of these schemes going bust leaving the contractor out of pocket for 10s of thousands of pounds.

Sorry, what was your question again?

Comment

You can always call the HMRC and explain the scheme and ask for their opinion.
                    If you have the initiative you can even set up a conf call between the 3 parties, just to make sure all agree and nothing is left unclear.
                    If you think this would cause a problem you should probably not join up.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X