• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Canteens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office Canteens

WHY do they have to be so tulip?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WHY do they have to be so tulip?
    When I worked as a Permie at a Local Govt organisation, when they closed the staff canteens sickness levels actually dropped
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Current client site isn't too bad as long as you're not vegie.

Currywurst mit pommes today and a free chocolate santa.

Not for me unfortunately as I have put myself on a pre-christmas diet.*

2 apples and an orange for poor old pondlife.

* By I, I mean Mrs PL.

Comment

At least you get a canteen. Every place I ever worked you were lucky to find a microwave and a toaster.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The best one I ever saw (and ate in) was Lloyds Bank on Pall Mall (wonder if its still going)
          The only works canteen I've seen where alcohol was available...<hic!>
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Canteens are intentionally crap so you prefer to be at your desk working.

Hence why "pub lunch?" is a popular question that always gets the same answer when working with a few other contractors.

Just need to make sure there's a few decent pubs doing grub within a few miles of the client site. Proper contractors have that as one of the must ask questions for the interview.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Best ones I've been to are Cadbury's HQ in 25 Berkeley Square in Mayfair and Microsoft in Thames Valley Park.

The worst was a public sector company in Swindon.

Comment

It could be worse I work on a business park where we get a sandwich van that comes now and again. I'd love it if we had a canteen here
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Mine is brilliant.

I chose the turkey escalope served in a herbed scone with cranberry sauce over chicken and prawn Laksa today.

About to get an afternoon latte with some cream cakes from the pastry chef

Comment

That's a good argument for keeping them crap. Too easy to pile on the pounds if it's genuinely good or too subsidised.

Unless they also offer a free gym, and you can be arsed to use it.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X