• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train tickets

Hi,

If to go to the office I take the train, do I need to have a paper signed by my client to authorize such kind of expenses?
    I am fairly new to the contracting world so I apologize if my question seems silly, but the agency I used to work before
    starting a new contract asked me such kind of paper and I think it doesn't make really sense.

cheers

Originally posted by Fra View Post
    Hi,

If to go to the office I take the train, do I need to have a paper signed by my client to authorize such kind of expenses?
    I am fairly new to the contracting world so I apologize if my question seems silly, but the agency I used to work before
    starting a new contract asked me such kind of paper and I think it doesn't make really sense.

cheers
    much your like post

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Seriously if its for commuting you claim expense from your LTD or your umbrella company.

If its on client business then you claim the expense from the Client, assuming they have authorised this

either way you will need to get a receipt when purchasing your ticket

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer I think I've got it completely wrong,
          so I did pay everything for commuting, I've got the receipts but I did believe
          I could get the money back from the client instead of claiming an ltd expense,
          please forgive my ingenuity.

cheers

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer I think I've got it completely wrong,
            so I did pay everything for commuting, I've got the receipts but I did believe
            I could get the money back from the client instead of claiming an ltd expense,
            please forgive my ingenuity.

cheers
            Cheety? Is that you?

Comment

How long before Fra says she's got a contract in Swindon etc?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                How long before Fra says she's got a contract in Swindon etc?

I think you guys think I am another person, sorry to disappoint you but I am in London
                probably the question was so stupid you think I am making fool of you

Comment

I think you guys think I am another person, sorry to disappoint you but I am in London
                  probably the question was so stupid you think I am making fool of you
                  Just ignore them. For the most part they're sexually inadequate. You do need to remember that under the National Rail Conditions of Carriage, the ticket remains the property of the issuing Train Company, so cannot be transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Just ignore them. For the most part they're sexually inadequate. You do need to remember that under the National Rail Conditions of Carriage, the ticket remains the property of the issuing Train Company, so cannot be transferred.
                    Gricer, is that you?

Comment

Working...
                    X