• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrifying new scientific discovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrifying new scientific discovery

Terrifying scientific discovery: Strange emissions by sun are suddenly mutating matter - by Terrence Aym - Helium

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/12/0...index-crashes/

Before It's News

Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 December 2011, 07:31.
    I'm alright Jack

That's hardly terrifying, even wrapped up in journalistic hyperbole and seen through the eyes of an ignoramus.

Mildly interesting though.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

As the sun builds towards solar maximum and a period of dangerous intensity never experienced by any living person inexorably approaches, strange, uncontrollable forces could be building deep within its fiery nuclear furnace.

It's already been proven that the sun's mass warps time, bends light waves and accounts for mutation of species on Earth. Now this new force may be directly interacting with matter in a way that could not only change Mankind's understanding of physics, but change Mankind itself…and not necessarily in a beneficial way.
      Well I'm terrified.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Even if it is true, you can't do anything about it so why worry?

The vegetarian option.

Comment

As the sun builds towards solar maximum and a period of dangerous intensity never experienced by any living person inexorably approaches, strange, uncontrollable forces could be building deep within its fiery nuclear furnace.
          Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Well I'm terrified.
          Quite. Bear in mind that this phenomenon has been there since the year dot with no ill effects. In fact it's taken us until now to notice it. It's not the case that we are about to see "a period of dangerous intensity never experienced by any living person" either. The main difference is that now we have the internet so any crackpot can write this sort of alarmist drivel and scare people.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Comment

Solar storm of 1859 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On September 1–2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright that their glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.[4] According to professor Daniel Baker of the University of Colorado's Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, "people in the northeastern U.S. could read newspaper print just from the light of the aurora."[5]
              Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, in some cases even shocking telegraph operators.[6] Telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire.[7] Some telegraph systems appeared to continue to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.[8]
              No mention of radioactive carbon-14 turning people into flesh eating zombies though.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Quite. Bear in mind that this phenomenon has been there since the year dot with no ill effects. In fact it's taken us until now to notice it. It's not the case that we are about to see "a period of dangerous intensity never experienced by any living person" either. The main difference is that now we have the internet so any crackpot can write this sort of alarmist drivel and scare people.
                It reminds me of the Ozone 'hole'
                When it became possible to measure Ozone accurately, they discovered that there was a big hole over Antartica, and it was getting bigger. Scary.
                There were only a few years of data but it was well known that CFC gasses destroy ozone. The biggest growing source of CFC gasses was human activity, noteably fridges.
                So in order to save the planet, all the old fridges were scrapped and new , more expensive ones were designed.
                It has since been shown that it was a natural cycle and nothing to do with human activity.

Of course the greenies dont like to talk about this any more, nor the thousands of poor people in hot countries that die because they cant afford a fridge any more.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Well they're not dying fast enough because there's over 7 billion of you hu-mans now.
                  Toyah Wilcox

I always wanted to sh@g Toyah Wilcox

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Doesn't worry me, I'm wearing my tinfoil hat.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X