• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Withdrawal of Barlays Premier Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal of Barlays Premier Banking

I've been on this since I graduated.

Just got a letter telling me that facility is to be withdrawn as it will only be available to those on £70k per year or more (paid into personal account).

This means no more free overdrafts and various other perks.

Symptom of the credit crunch or am I being too creative with my expenses and not paying myself enough?

Really?

They offer Barclays Premier Banking to anyone stupid enough to pay the fees.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The day's of free banking are long gone, I used to have Lloyds TSB Gold Account, then Platinum then Premier, in the end it was just not worth the extras as the benefits could be obtained cheaper if bought individually and shopped around. When I moved to NatWest I just got the very basic account and am perfectly happy with it.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        The day's of free banking are long gone, I used to have Lloyds TSB Gold Account, then Platinum then Premier, in the end it was just not worth the extras as the benefits could be obtained cheaper if bought individually and shopped around. When I moved to NatWest I just got the very basic account and am perfectly happy with it.
        WHS

I used to have a Lloyds platinum account. I think it was £12 a month at the time and included travel insurance and mobile insurance and breakdown cover and a bunch of other stuff I didn't use. They ditched one of the worthwhile benefits (can't remember which one) and put it up to £17, justifying it by adding a load more pointless gumpfh so I told 'em to stick it.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
        X