• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photo required when applying for a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo required when applying for a contract

Is this normal? It's the first time I've had it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

No, luckily.
    Although it's on your passport, which you are often asked to supply after you have been offered a contract.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Although it's on your passport, which you are often asked to supply after you have been offered a contract.
      A couple of times I've had mine photocopied as I've walked into the interview.
      Last time it happened, the guy took a colour photocopy

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        A couple of times I've had mine photocopied as I've walked into the interview.
        Last time it happened, the guy took a colour photocopy
        That's OK. If they don't like your face when you get there there's not much you can do about it, but at least they can't judge you(age or looks) before the interview.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Is this normal? It's the first time I've had it.
          Helps to sort the wheat from the chaff
          (I actually think it may be illegal to do so now)
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Pretty standard in Germany, particularly for permie interviews. Have been asked a couple of times for contracts and just tell them that I don't have a camera or scanner.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have never been asked, but like others have said copies of passport etc after an offer or during an interview are not uncommon. If asked I would just say something along the lines of, I can provide one at the interview etc or something along those lines.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Helps to sort the wheat from the chaff
                (I actually think it may be illegal to do so now)
                No I think thats one of the areas where its still ok to discriminate people, #NoFattiesOrUglies
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Look on it this way

When you go for a face to face interview the criteria will (should) be
                  1. Can you do the job?
                  2. Will you fit into the team?

The CV should take care of 1

Would you want to waste time attending an interview if there was some hidden criteria for 2?

Yes I know its wrong
                  Yes I know its discriminatory
                  Yes I know it's illegal

But would you want to waste your time (assuming you don't match the criteria) if the client wants to filter on Age/Colour/Dress Sense/Attractiveness/etc ???
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    No I think thats one of the areas where its still ok to discriminate people, #NoFattiesOrUglies
                    Tis true, the fella opposite said to me the other day "who wants to be sitting opposite some butt ugly troll all day",

OH!!!
                    Last edited by Support Monkey; 7 December 2011, 10:36.

Comment

Working...
                    X