• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's end of year appraisal time again.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's end of year appraisal time again.....

I'll give myself a meets expectations

Thank the lord I no longer have to go through any of that tulip just to be informed that due to market conditions everyone is getting the same 1% rise but "I've done really, really well and will be rewarded next year - promise, cross my heart and hope to die".

Or knowing your rating has already been decided despite not supplying any evidence that you're obliged to hassle people for...

I actually feel sorry having to listen to those around me grumble about it.

OK enough reminiscing about the bad old days...Ooooo paid on Friday
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

Thank the lord I no longer have to go through any of that tulip just to be informed that due to market conditions everyone is getting the same 1% rise but "I've done really, really well and will be rewarded next year - promise, cross my heart and hope to die".

Or knowing your rating has already been decided despite not supplying any evidence that you're obliged to hassle people for...

MyCo will be holding the annual christmas dinner this weekend and I'm trying to work out whether to do my annual appraisal before, during, or after consumption of a few bottles of vino.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Just make sure you apply the appropriate bell-end curve.
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

Ahh, but my permie utilisation bonus is bigger than yours so wadey wadey wadey

Comment

The permies here have been told they're not getting the traditional box of christmas goodies this year because it's 'outdated'. Roughly translated; some idiot forgot to order them on time.

Lucky for the two permies in this room, MyCo will be issuing our usual box of christmas goodies, purchased from a reputable wine merchant in the Haarlem area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

MyCo will be holding the annual christmas dinner this weekend and I'm trying to work out whether to do my annual appraisal before, during, or after consumption of a few bottles of vino.
            Back in my days as a permie, I did have a boss who's idea of an appraisal was to take each team member out and get them drunk, his reasoning being you'd be more honest after a few bevvies.

Problem is after 3 bottles of vino neither of you could remember what the hell was said anyway.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Back in my days as a permie, I did have a boss who's idea of an appraisal was to take each team member out and get them drunk, his reasoning being you'd be more honest after a few bevvies.

Problem is after 3 bottles of vino neither of you could remember what the hell was said anyway.
              Dangerous tactic if he's assessing yourself or moi.

Comment

I gave myself my appraisal a few weeks ago. The target was to make it into the office, on average, one day per week. (Specific, Measurable, Achieveable, Realistic and Timed). I've actually managed it 3.5 days per week, and so I've decide to award myself a huge bonus.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I gave myself my appraisal a few weeks ago. The target was to make it into the office, on average, one day per week. (Specific, Measurable, Achieveable, Realistic and Timed). I've actually managed it 3.5 days per week, and so I've decide to award myself a huge bonus.
                  I shall be rewarding myself on achieving a SMART goal; getting out of bed on time at least once a week.

Comment

God I love the fact I don't have to justify my existence twice a year anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X