• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have just broken the lift door

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just broken the lift door

It closed on me as I walked through; stupid doors are mounted upside down so the sensor which should be at thigh height is actually at about 1m90.

So it closed on me and I fought back.

This is the third automatic door I have defeated using physical strength in the last couple of years.

Yes, I'm proud of it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

A friend of mine once demonstrated that lift doors can't harm you because they have sensors, so he put his head between the closing doors......sensors were mounted higher up.

...They heard the screams three floors away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      It closed on me as I walked through; stupid doors are mounted upside down so the sensor which should be at thigh height is actually at about 1m90.
      You didn't break them ... you found a defect in the implementation.

Comment

when I was a yonker, I had a big adventure, going on the London tube on my own for the first time.

A bunch of girls dived in, all dolled up to the nines, ready for a night out on the town. As they squeezed in, the last one just avoided the doors but they closed on the strap of her shoulder bag

with the bag outside. Oh how we laughed.

At the next stop we all waited for the doors to open. They did. on the other side

she's still going round and round I think

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          when I was a yonker, I had a big adventure, going on the London tube on my own for the first time.

A bunch of girls dived in, all dolled up to the nines, ready for a night out on the town. As they squeezed in, the last one just avoided the doors but they closed on the strap of her shoulder bag

with the bag outside. Oh how we laughed.

At the next stop we all waited for the doors to open. They did. on the other side

she's still going round and round I think

I destroyed the revolving door at a merchant wbank when it turned back on me and closed, jamming my foot underneath it, which was exceptionally painful and caused damage to my van Bommel shoes, which cost a few more euros than most shoes. I rammed it, it opened again and kept spinning round as the mountings were knackered. The security man was furious, but the CIO was just behind me. The security man shouted 'how much do you think that door cost', at which I said 'how much do you think my shoes cost' and the (American) CIO said 'how much do you think the lawsuit will cost if his foot's injured'. Won that one; a proud conquest.

But my finest moment was in Paris, taking the metro from gare du midi to gare du nord. Lady Tester was first accosted by the double gates as she tried to get herself and her suitcase through, to my ire, and then it jammed me in between the double gates as I tried to get through with a rucksack. I dropped my shoulder in the manner taught to forwards setting up a maul and rammed the gate. It broke, with a loud crashing sound and some alarm went off. Lady Tester and I scarpered; straight to the train but as we set off to run I noticed three rather squat looking fellows wearing Biarritz rugby shirts (obviously having been to watch their heroes crush the objects of their hatred, Stade Francais the day before) who cheered and clapped at the scene. They're Basques; they don't like Paris at all.

Someday I fear I might end up in prison for my doorbreaking escapades. Well they'd better have bloody strong doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

So it closed on me and I fought back.

This is the third automatic door I have defeated using physical strength in the last couple of years.

Yes, I'm proud of it.
            You had a fight with a lift.

I think you may have some anger issues that need addressing.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You are a tester, your only purpose it to break things
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I think you may have some anger issues that need addressing.
                Come over here and say that.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  A friend of mine once demonstrated that lift doors can't harm you because they have sensors, so he put his head between the closing doors......sensors were mounted higher up.

...They heard the screams three floors away.

I thought they had pressure sensors not (only) optical ones, like electric car windows (are supposed to) have.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I thought they had pressure sensors not (only) optical ones, like electric car windows (are supposed to) have.
                    Not here they don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X