• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Additional finance information needed for DVA SC grrrr???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional finance information needed for DVA SC grrrr???

I work for G4S and I have been working on site that has recently been awarded more intense MOD contracts and I now have been asked to be SC. I have already passed my Base line check and now having just completed my online DVA vetting I have now been informed that I have to fill in some more forms (I have heard through someone else this is about my financial status) and then send them back recorded delivery. On my online forms for teh DVA I was honest to the fact I voluntary repossessed about three years ago, with the fact I have a couple of loans outstanding, a couple of bad credit cards and missed payments here and there however I have I am now worried that I am going to fail this and wondering whether to refuse these additonal forms. I have worked at the same place for 9 years now and without my SC can I be sacked if I fill these forms in and then fail or refuse and gather fail again. Any thoughts or previous knowledge would be great.

Cheers Clinton.

Originally posted by clinton69 View Post
    I work for G4S and I have been working on site that has recently been awarded more intense MOD contracts and I now have been asked to be SC. I have already passed my Base line check and now having just completed my online DVA vetting I have now been informed that I have to fill in some more forms (I have heard through someone else this is about my financial status) and then send them back recorded delivery. On my online forms for teh DVA I was honest to the fact I voluntary repossessed about three years ago, with the fact I have a couple of loans outstanding, a couple of bad credit cards and missed payments here and there however I have I am now worried that I am going to fail this and wondering whether to refuse these additonal forms. I have worked at the same place for 9 years now and without my SC can I be sacked if I fill these forms in and then fail or refuse and gather fail again. Any thoughts or previous knowledge would be great.

Cheers Clinton.
    How many more times...

DVA probably already know all about it. The tests are (a) are you honest and (b) can you be coerced. So what do you think the answer is?

BTW, for future reference there are four clearance levels:

Baseline: You are who you sau you are
    CTC: You're probably who you say you are
    SC: You really are who you say you are
    DV: We know who you really are.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

There is an SC Clearance sticky that has tons of examples of this for you to read but my first question is...

Are you permie or contractor?

If you need SC then you have to fill the forms in and be honest. Despite it looking pretty scarey and bad news will have to be pretty bad and pretty recent to be a massive problem. Minor debts and outstanding loans do not matter, nor do minor convictions really. They want to know if you can be blackmailed or are likely to sell on information due to you being in terrible financial trouble. Not filling forms in or lying is a 100% fail though so might as well give them what they want.

Whether your client can sack you for failing SC is a different matter. My gut feeling is no, G4S is big enough to find you alternate work but this is the wrong place to ask that.

Check the thread at the top of this section of the forum.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I believe I am very honest/coerced and I would like to think the company I work for would say the same being the fact I have been permantley based here for 9 years however its not my client who are wanting these checks its the MOD as a requirement for taking the contract and asking for this info and therefore wont take any of this into account. Dont want to loose my current job by default by so think I will just fill the forms in and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments guys...

Comment

I believe I am very honest/coerced and I would like to think the company I work for would say the same being the fact I have been permantley based here for 9 years however its not my client who are wanting these checks its the MOD as a requirement for taking the contract and asking for this info and therefore wont take any of this into account. Dont want to loose my current job by default by so think I will just fill the forms in and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments guys...
          The MOD take no notice of commercially sponsored clearances at all which is why you're going through the loop. It's also totally confidential, so there's zero reason to get worked up about it.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cheers Clinton.
            OK, for the record I have only ever seen financial details come into play for DV not SC, but I will stand corrected if anyone else knows better. Secondly you have already said you were honest () and told them about your past debt problems which was the right thing to do, so changing track and withholding info they are asking for is A) Totally moot as they already know you have bed credit B) Totally stupid as changing what you tell them now, or even worse withholding when they ask will almost certainly be cause for your rejection.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X