• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow in Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow in Scotland

Hearing about bad weather there on the news.

Is it as bad as reported?

The Road to Tomintoul is apparently blocked, but if you've ever been along it in winter*, that'll be no surprise.

* yes I walked a good chunk of it many years ago. It peed down all day.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

If only someone on here who lives in Scotland had a weather station and an internet connection.

Comment

It is pretty windy.

Think I am going to work from the sofa today.

Comment

Light breeze where cliphead is, if the weather station is to be believed. But "barometer dropping rapidly".

Tony Monaghan

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Light breeze where cliphead is, if the weather station is to be believed. But "barometer dropping rapidly".

Tony Monaghan
          I think that's the first time any site has prompted me to download Silverlight.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Code:
            Temperature and Humidity
            Temperature 	8.8 °C 	Dew Point 	8.7 °C
            Windchill 	8.0 °C 	Humidity 	99%
            Heat Index 	8.8 °C 	Apparent Temperature 	7.3 °C
            Solar Radiation 	0 W/m² 	Evapotranspiration Today 	0.000 in
            Rainfall
            Rainfall Today 	0.69 in 	Rainfall Rate 	0.12 in/hr
            Rainfall This Month 	2.82 in 	Rainfall This Year 	8.96 in
            Rainfall Last Hour 	0.14 in 	Last rainfall 	2011-12-08 08:13
            Wind
            Wind Speed (gust) 	12.1 mph 	Wind Speed (avg) 	3.9 mph
            Wind Bearing 	175° S 	Beaufort F2 	Light breeze
            Pressure
            Barometer  	985.3 hPa 	Falling very rapidly 	-3.3 hPa/hr
            [From Cliphead's site] 9 degrees C on a winter's morning isn't how I imagined Scotand. Fair play this is the west side.

Comment

Getting a bit windy now. This is probably a better page;

Linky
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Glasgow

I normally work in London but management thought it would be a great idea to send me to Glasgow in the middle of December to trainin 6 people who work in Edingburgh as Glasgow seemingly had the only available office for me to training in !!

Today they have been advised to not travel to Glasgow so I am sat on my lonesome doing odd bits of work with odd pieces of surfing the internet and shopping trips!

It is pretty bad up here but not end of world is nigh like the newspapers are making out - I drove up on Monday and it was a bit slippy but passable no problem. Wind is meant to get during today.....

Comment

The weather station is reporting the average wind speed which is a bit misleading however it's currently gusting close to 30mph and getting stronger, pressure still dropping rapidly.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Sounds bloody awful - red weather warning for wind, AND snow on top. Windows forecast of hurricane strength (literally)
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X