• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scared tulipeless about this evening…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared tulipeless about this evening…..

My arms are aching from this mornings drive – feel like I have wrestled a tiger.

My drive is over Englands highest motorway, over the pennines from Cheshire to West Yorkshire, so expecting it to be a very wild one this evening, on the massive assumption that the M62 is open, and has not been blocked.

The company flagpole is at a 30o angle, and the clouds are whistling past at an alarming rate.

This is going to be an impressive storm I think.

How are things in your area?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    No idea, train was on time, plenty of room in first class and I arrived at leeds station refreshed and ready for the day
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Wilmslow

I drove that road on Monday morning this week for the first time - was certainly an adventure, the little traction control light was constantly flickering on and off!!

Good luck, I may need to do that road tonight too which I am not looking forward to!

Comment

Same journey (well, jn18 to jn26), thought it wasn't that bad TBH.

A few cars were snaking and weaving about.

Edit: Oops, jn20, not jn18
        Last edited by the_rangdo; 8 December 2011, 10:09.
        Gronda Gronda

Comment

While waiting for my next contract to start I am lying in my cosy bed. looks bad here in Glasgow. Although it has calmed down a bit in last few minutes.

Comment

In other news it's winter FFS
            Gronda Gronda

Comment

M1, M42, M6 or A65 might be alternatives
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

In Halifax at the moment and do the journey on the M62 from Manchester every day. Today was typical of the week so far, a bit windy, its dull and wet but that's about 6 months from November to April typically.

Weather looks like it may be deteriorating but surely you can't have sore arms from driving in a bit of wind?

Comment

Journey this morning was hellish. 3 minute walk to the tube station, then under cover all the way to my desk. Not sure how I managed. Must be the contractor never-say-die attitude

Comment

My arms are aching from this mornings drive – feel like I have wrestled a tiger.

My drive is over Englands highest motorway, over the pennines from Cheshire to West Yorkshire, so expecting it to be a very wild one this evening, on the massive assumption that the M62 is open, and has not been blocked.

The company flagpole is at a 30o angle, and the clouds are whistling past at an alarming rate.

This is going to be an impressive storm I think.

Jeeves had my lear jet gleaming after spending all night washing and waxing it. I was piloted to Aruba and chauffeured to Tierra del Sol for a quiet afternoon's golf.

Sorry to hear about your trifling experiences with the awful English weather, old boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X