• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help - understanding a Umbrella Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - understanding a Umbrella Company

I am quite new to contracting but i am little bit confused. I have been with an umbrella company for almost a year. I need to apply for a mortgage and the bank have requated that i provide net and gross figures for the year. she said i would normally get these from my accountant.

Would the Umbrealla company be able to provide me these? or do i get them from my P60?

I take it i am employed by the Umbrella company so i would be a PAYE or i am still classed as self employed.

am confised... can someone help clarify...

Originally posted by Nick1953 View Post
    I am quite new to contracting but i am little bit confused. I have been with an umbrella company for almost a year. I need to apply for a mortgage and the bank have requated that i provide net and gross figures for the year. she said i would normally get these from my accountant.

Would the Umbrealla company be able to provide me these? or do i get them from my P60?

I take it i am employed by the Umbrella company so i would be a PAYE or i am still classed as self employed.

am confised... can someone help clarify...
    Nothing worse than being confised You are an employee of the umbrella company and you should be being paid through PAYE. Your umbrella company should send you a payslip each time that you are paid and should provide you with a P60 at the end of the financial year i.e. April. The bank may need a statement of earnings - your umbrella company will be able to produce that for you.

HTH
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me... Spoke to a few collegues and no one could give me a clear answere..

You explaination is much appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick1953 View Post
        Thanks for clearing that up for me... Spoke to a few collegues and no one could give me a clear answere..

You explaination is much appreciated...
        You're welcome Nick1953
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
        X