• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism arrest - yikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism arrest - yikes

A bit of a scary story from Manchester.

A workmate of Mrs EO was out shopping in Manchester last weekend with her hubby. As they parked up, there was a distressed old couple, so the husband went to see if he could help.

They couldnt find their car and were starting to think it may have been stolen, when a tow truck manned by two dodgy looking geezers turned up and bgan to tow a BMW away. So hubby goes over and asks them whats going on, they told him to f*** off. Hubby asks if they have towed the old couples car away - f*** off.

So the hubby gets angry, jumps in his car and blocks the tow truck in, then thinks better of it and sets off home. The tow truck follows them onto the motorway flashing his lights, but hubby shakes them off. Everyone concerned seems to have been very angrified.

Last night the police turn up, 'present yourselves at the station on Friday to answer accusations of making racist remarks. you will almost certainly be arrested'

the workmate is convinced the two tow-truck guys were English

hell in a handart. hell in a hancart

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Either someone broke the law beyond reasonable doubt. Or they didn't.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

He'll most likely get a caution.

Happened to a mate. Got contacted at work a week after an incident.

In his case he had been racist though and even though it could not be heard his shaking his fist at said recepient was enough evidence.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        A bit of a scary story from Manchester.

A workmate of Mrs EO was out shopping in Manchester last weekend with her hubby. As they parked up, there was a distressed old couple, so the husband went to see if he could help.

They couldnt find their car and were starting to think it may have been stolen, when a tow truck manned by two dodgy looking geezers turned up and bgan to tow a BMW away. So hubby goes over and asks them whats going on, they told him to f*** off. Hubby asks if they have towed the old couples car away - f*** off.

So the hubby gets angry, jumps in his car and blocks the tow truck in, then thinks better of it and sets off home. The tow truck follows them onto the motorway flashing his lights, but hubby shakes them off. Everyone concerned seems to have been very angrified.

Last night the police turn up, 'present yourselves at the station on Friday to answer accusations of making racist remarks. you will almost certainly be arrested'

the workmate is convinced the two tow-truck guys were English

hell in a handart. hell in a hancart

Sounds like he needs a lawyer. I would be inclined to turn up to the police station earlier than the appointed time to report the crime of making a false statement to the police, or whatever it is. Make sure you get a crime number, and expect that it is followed up with the same vigour. My experience from living in Manchester is that the local police force is pretty reasonable, and in general I don't much care for the police.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

In his case he had been racist though and even though it could not be heard his shaking his fist at said recepient was enough evidence.
          If he couldn't be heard then how can shaking a fist be seen as being racist? I don't think I would have accepted that caution!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

You only 'get a caution' if you admit to the offence and accept the caution. Then it goes on your record.

Comment

I am seriously thinking of carrying a hidden voice recorder and camera at all times.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Either someone broke the law beyond reasonable doubt. Or they didn't.
                its a crime so long as the recipient perceives it as being racist, or something

it's a bit like HMRC with cuffs and a truncheon. 'Your deemed mate. you're fckng deemed'

hell in a handcart. hell in a handcart

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I am seriously thinking of carrying a hidden voice recorder and camera at all times.
                  it doesnt matter. the bastids will still 'deem' you

hell in a handcart

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    You only 'get a caution' if you admit to the offence and accept the caution. Then it goes on your record.
                    He admitted a lesser charge.

What is interesting though is that if the accusation is made the police must act and call you in. Bit scary really.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X