• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting dicked about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting dicked about

2 interviews now for the new position. Both done and dusted. Happy with me. All signals positive.

Then 24 hrs with no movement. Then get a call saying they are just checking with the vendor to see if they have anyone available.

So if you are happy with the person you have interviewed, why go back to the market for one final look?

Very uncomfortable with this. What say the panel?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    So if you are happy with the person you have interviewed, why go back to the market for one final look?
    ?
    They've figured out you're a no-good,easy quitting, over-sensitive, bed-wetter?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

They have 24 hours to make a decision or you'll move elsewhere.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        They've figured out you're a no-good,easy quitting, over-sensitive, bed-wetter?
        Took their time. Most realise that during the phone interview.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

2 interviews now for the new position. Both done and dusted. Happy with me. All signals positive.

Then 24 hrs with no movement. Then get a call saying they are just checking with the vendor to see if they have anyone available.

So lets get this straight. Someone bought a computer from PC World, had trouble getting through to support and decided to try the bloke who advertises in the local paper but thought you looked a bit shifty and are now having second thoughts before dropping it off tomorrow AM.

I wouldn't worry about it. It means you get a lie in.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Told the agent I'm out. I can't work with people that are incapable of making decisions. You want me or you don't. Simple as that.

Great relief.

Comment

Just gets better, now you start to have problems with your client (which are naturally all their fault) before they even hire you.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Told the agent I'm out. I can't work with people that are incapable of making decisions. You want me or you don't. Simple as that.

Great relief.
                "you're not cut out for contracting, have you thought of signing on" NorthernLadUK
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Just gets better, now you start to have problems with your client (which are naturally all their fault) before they even hire you.
                  Just unlucky I guess

Comment

If some of the incompetence you have displayed recently over here is anything to go by, I am surprised they even interview you. Your bob team must all have a right fit of giggles when they hear your voice.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X