• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To 4x4 or not to 4x4?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To 4x4 or not to 4x4?

Should I take the plunge? I am torn with conflicting emotions on this subject.The family is growing .. so it would be logical to get a bigger car but 4x4s are environmenty unfriendly. The new Lexus hybrid is not big enough I need at least 7 seats - Discovery 3, Nissan Pathfinder etc but they are gas guzzlers. What do I do? All sensible advice appreciated.

Chico in "stuck for once" mode!!

If you are so worried about the planet then go see Honda or Toyota and discuss an option of one of their planet friendly engines.

Comment

Don't mess around, Chico, get a Hummer. The ultimate in urban warzone school kid delivery systems.

Comment

I forgot to add - it has to look good in an Executive car park and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Range Rover Sport...

BTW Chico, don't forget the fish!!!!

Comment

Why do you need a 4x4? Seems to me your main priority is the 7 seats. An executive jet or a sports car is not going to give you that. Sounds like what you really need is mini bus. Bite the bullet and get a boring Toyota Previa or some such.

What was all that nonsense about Passats and Lagunas for if you need 7 seats?

Comment

I forgot to add - it has to look good in an Executive car park and not stick out like a sore thumb.
              Get the cammo version then.

Comment

Maybe it's because...

What was all that nonsense about Passats and Lagunas for if you need 7 seats?
                ...Chico is a @#%$?

He doesn't have a family, he made them up so that we wouldn't think he was a gay abused ex-choirboy!

He got the idea from the Vauxhall advert featuring the two young lads discussing their respective familys while cleaning their cars...

Spod - In "FFS, do I really need to spell it out" mode?

Comment

planetit - keyless cars. Because I have had a keyless car for the past three years I have been keeping a look out for such models.

Comment

RR Sport

Yep,

Great tool. A mate took delivery of his about 3 weeks ago. Handles well, fairly quick, a little overbraked I found though. Very quiet. The supercharger whine on the overrun is great.

Not exaclty economical though.

Comment

Working...
                    X