• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol IT - poor service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol IT - poor service

Has anyone managed to get a response from these guys recently ? I have tried email/phone and their self logginf service on web portal, but no response.

Have they drowned under their self made mess following their disasterous system problems ??????

Try this thread

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav7087-1-10.html
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

It looks like things are improving.
      Last edited by cojak; 5 May 2006, 18:26.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Bah humbug

I'm having serious doubts about these clowns.

First up, they pick month-end to do their system changeover. Not smart considering most people are paying bills at that time.

They then tell me that they had warned me every week for five weeks prior that there will be payment disruptions which is a lie. Sure I got emails in the run up to the system changeover every Friday in the lead-up but none said 'you might get paid late or not at all'. In fact they said, to quote part of their email 'the new system goes live on 3rd April, when you will be able to access our services as normal'.

I've been paid on different dates ever since (sometimes monday, sometimes other days), then last Friday my agency emailed me to say that they hadn't had an invoice from Parasol yet.

I raise this with Parasol and they swear they sent it (on xx date at yy:zzhrs by fax), so I ask for a receipt. Of course their answer was 'fax is sent by our system so we don't get receipts' (a stinky lie which insults me the most, actually...so how did they know it was sent on xx date at yy:zzhrs ??). Of course, I replied asking them for a screenshot of my account history then, but no doubt they'll come back with some DPA bulltulip.....

I've had to cancel all my direct debits with my bank because I have no clue when I'm going to get paid next.

To cap it all off, they haven't marked my contract as renewed so I couldn't put a timesheet in for last week.

I'm really at my wits end with Parasol, having only been with them since January I've had nothing but problems.

Was I mistaken in my impression that contracting would be a breeze?

Naive? downright retarded?

Can anyone recommend a course of action bar tying one end of a string to a trigger and the other end to my big toe?

Sam

Comment

2 more first-time posters laying the boot into Parasol. Interesting.

Comment

Interesting indeed - several years of solid approval from all and sundry, then one screwed up change and they're the devil incarnate.

I wonder how many of the people complaining about late payments would cope out in the real world?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              Interesting indeed - several years of solid approval from all and sundry, then one screwed up change and they're the devil incarnate.

I wonder how many of the people complaining about late payments would cope out in the real world?
              I think we all know the answer to that one...

Oh for the simplicity of being paid weekly and once in a year being paid late, don't know their born, they don't!

Comment

Pay day Not round the corner

There I was thinking Parasol might be getting back to normal, and was looking forward to pay day, due in about 7 days time, when I get a call from my agency this afternoon to tell me that Parasol haven't submitted the invoice for me.
                The agency have tried all afternoon to get hold of them, but to no joy. I've only been with this organisation for 3 months, and last months was late as well!!

Comment

oh no they're not ...

Just to spoil the "lets slag off Parasol".

I have had replies to a couple of emails, all answers being answered within a few hours.

I have also been paid on time two days ago.

True, I have not asked them to raise an invoice as yet for last month - but I am waiting for all this to blow over. Don't want to push my luck - just in case!

Comment

Update - Pay day Is round the corner

After finally getting hold of Parasol after 20 minutes on hold, they have promptly resolved my invoice problem and I am now getting paid this month. They also replied to my email and a web ticket too!

Comment

Working...
                    X