• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ebay item sold and marked as collection only from London but bid winner is in Italy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay item sold and marked as collection only from London but bid winner is in Italy

Just sold a heavy item of equipment on ebay, I stated clearly in the item that it was to be collected from my home address in London and that it was marked with Collection Only on the ebay check box.

Some guy in Italy bid for it and I suspect he wants shipping, how long do I have to wait before I can ignore his winning bid and re-list the item for sale on ebay if he is unresponsive to my ebay messages that I am sending him to clarify things ???!??

thanks for any pearls of wisdom.

Over to you MF, purveyor of (low) quality Tat since 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      Just sold a heavy item of equipment on ebay, I stated clearly in the item that it was to be collected from my home address in London and that it was marked with Collection Only on the ebay check box.

Some guy in Italy bid for it and I suspect he wants shipping, how long do I have to wait before I can ignore his winning bid and re-list the item for sale on ebay if he is unresponsive to my ebay messages that I am sending him to clarify things ???!??

thanks for any pearls of wisdom.
      Just report him for non payment
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Be a bit careful. If he says anything dodgy like sending a cheque with an amount significantly higher than the winning bid , run from him as fast as you can. Italian mafia are indulging in a lot of Ebay frauds lately.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Be a bit careful. If he says anything dodgy like sending a cheque with an amount significantly higher than the winning bid , run from him as fast as you can. Italian mafia are indulging in a lot of Ebay frauds lately.
          Horse Head Wall Hook | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Over to you MF, purveyor of (low) quality Tat since 1986.
            I thank you.

You are supposed to wait 7 days before putting the auction item into dispute. You do this so you can get your fees back.

Of course the 'esteemed customer' can still leave you feedback either way.

Or you can put it straight up for dispute to cancel. Then just relist.

Had the same last week. Quite obviously said 'PICK UP ONLY' in massive letters four times in the advert only for some twunt to bid and then drop me a line a few days later saying he hadn't seen it.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If there were a few bids, then you can mutually agree not sell to the high bidder, and then do a second chance offer to the next person down.

Saves relisting fees and hassle.

Send an email to the guy explaining that you won't send it, it has to be collected in person in London, but you can cancel his bid if that is better. Then agree not to sell, and move on to the next person down.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've sent the buyer in Italy numerous emails about the monitor i.e. are you able to do a pickup in London given that your buyer address is in Italy, ok I will ship out to Italy as you've bid quite high and that will cover the cost of ParcelForceEuro etc.

I've been reading about all sorts of Italy and Greek based buyer scams where you ship the item, someone signs for it and then they put up a claim stating that they never received the item and you have to jump through hoops to prove otherwise.

I'm going to put this up for dispute after 7 days have passed. The next questions about ebay (as I am a novice user) are:

a) how long does it take for ebay to settle disputes where the buyer doesn't pay and is not communicating ?

b) how come an Italian buyer was able to buy my item as it was advertised and marked via the ebay check box as pick up only. Is there a check box somewhere that only allows UK buyers that I missed or some option ?

c) is it possible to wait 7 days after the point of sale, raise a dispute with ebay stating no money has been paid, then cancel the sale, then immediately RELIST THE ITEM, block the Italian buyer without ebay charging fees or do you have to wait like a month before ebay allows you to relist the item without charging you fees whilst they investigate ?

Any help would be appreciated. This is proving to be a right pain.
                Last edited by sbakoola; 11 December 2011, 12:15.

Comment

b) how come an Italian buyer was able to buy my item as it was advertised and marked via the ebay check box as pick up only. Is there a check box somewhere that only allows UK buyers that I missed or some option ?
                  There is a separate bit where you decide which international buyers are acceptable.

The problem with Italy isn't the scams (although they are there) it's that the Italian postal service is utterly tulipe. I've had a couple of things that I've sent to Italy and they just came back a month later because they couldn't manage to deliver it. I've been told by a Roman that those in the know go to the vatican to post anything important.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I've sent the buyer in Italy numerous emails about the monitor i.e. are you able to do a pickup in London given that your buyer address is in Italy, ok I will ship out to Italy as you've bid quite high and that will cover the cost of ParcelForceEuro etc.

I've been reading about all sorts of Italy and Greek based buyer scams where you ship the item, someone signs for it and then they put up a claim stating that they never received the item and you have to jump through hoops to prove otherwise.

I'm going to put this up for dispute after 7 days have passed. The next questions about ebay (as I am a novice user) are:

a) how long does it take for ebay to settle disputes where the buyer doesn't pay and is not communicating ?

c) is it possible to wait 7 days after the point of sale, raise a dispute with ebay stating no money has been paid, then cancel the sale, then immediately RELIST THE ITEM, block the Italian buyer without ebay charging fees or do you have to wait like a month before ebay allows you to relist the item without charging you fees whilst they investigate ?

Any help would be appreciated. This is proving to be a right pain.
                    1) Place it into dispute now
                    2) Offer 2nd place person(but you've let it late now)
                    3) Relist

Forget trying to send it to Italy. Pain in the arse.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X