• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British justice at its best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British justice at its best

Muslim girl gang who kicked woman in head freed after court hears they were 'not used to drinking' - The Sun mobile

Deliberately didn't do the Wail version.

So here's the Sun version instead.

omg, thats just disgusting

Comment

Old Mo didn't ban his followers from drinking for nothing you know.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

When I read something like that I can't help but feel there's some selective journalism going on by papers with a particular agenda.

If we do have judges who think it's ok to tw@t someone because you've never had an alcopop before then we really are in trouble

Comment

Somalian Muslims and alcohol or drugs isn't something they're used to

Yeh right. Somalians I've known drank quite a lot. Somalia is (or was) not a particularly strict Muslim nation. Did they ask for evidence that this is the first time they had ever drunk? Doubt it. Why is it an excuse anyway?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The story is, as one might expect, complete bollocks.

The business of them being unused to booze was mentioned by the defence in mitigation, not by the judge. The reason their sentences were suspended was that they were reacting to an attack on them by the victim's partner.

Comment

Working...
            X