• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's revenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor's revenge

Been summoned to the client site next week. Usually work from home.

Trip is other side of the country. Not looking forward to it if the weather is bad.

Can feel a cold or maybe even man flu coming on. Had a sore throat since yesterday and now getting that stuffy head feeling.

As a contractor I'll just man up and keep invoicing.

Looks like I'll be spreading my germs next week and all the permies will soon be on sick leave.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Originally posted by PAH View Post

Trip is other side of the country. Not looking forward to it if the weather is bad.

Can feel a cold or maybe even man flu coming on. Had a sore throat since yesterday and now getting that stuffy head feeling.

Looks like I'll be spreading my germs next week and all the permies will soon be on sick leave.
    Just make sure you save up lots of phlegm and snot, keep some ground pepper in your pocket and as you enter the room flick a little pepper in your nose. The resulting sneeze will take out at least 5 people.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I had the same started feeling ill on Tuesday morning sore throat etc, had to take day off anyway for something else, came in Weds ill and yesterday even though felt really rough but it was xmas party starting at 2pm so came in. At clients today still ill but feel like I'm getting better, permy guy who sits next to me is off with it though. Keep on invoicing though I did get a lot of dirty looks on the tube, how dare I ride the tube with a cold / flu
      Last edited by Bumfluff; 9 December 2011, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
        though I did get a lot of dirty looks on the tube, how dare I ride the tube with a cold / flu
        I got that this morning. There was an exclusion zone around me

Comment

Just remembered that the client site still has all those anti-germ gel dispensers near the main doors following the pig-flu scare the other year.

They're going to be bricking it when they see me at the hotdesk squirting the gel up my nose. Makes it almost worth getting man flu just to see their reaction.

Maybe I should ask the IT director if it may be better for me to use his office as a temporary quarantine.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Just remembered that the client site still has all those anti-germ gel dispensers near the main doors following the pig-flu scare the other year.

They're going to be bricking it when they see me at the hotdesk squirting the gel up my nose. Makes it almost worth getting man flu just to see their reaction.

Maybe I should ask the IT director if it may be better for me to use his office as a temporary quarantine.
            Just sneeze on the dispenser. See what they do then

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Just sneeze on the dispenser. See what they do then
              Probably explode as they try to work out a logical solution.

They banned the water cooler for fear of spreading germs due to people re-filling cups/bottles, so I'd say they were a bit over sensitive on the health and safety aspect.

Hope it's someone's birthday next week. I'll be able to cough on the cakes.

Or maybe double dip a doughut if she's in next week.

[sorry, it must be the pacharan sockpuppet of grand delusions virus ]
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

...They banned the water cooler for fear of spreading germs due to people re-filling cups/bottles, so I'd say they were a bit over sensitive on the health and safety aspect....
                OTOH, since you work in a bacterial warfare establishment maybe it makes sense.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  OTOH, since you work in a bacterial warfare establishment maybe it makes sense.
                  There'll be plenty of bacterial warfare going on once I've infected the place.

Actually starting to feel a bit better since having to fight through a storage unit full of junk to dig out the Christmas decorations. Sod's law they were right at the back.

Maybe I've discovered the cure for man flu. A nice tantrum.

Exhausting but sweats it out of you.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                  X