• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Renewal Timescales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Renewal Timescales

Does anyone know of the current time scales for an SC renewal. Mines been 43 working days now and i'm getting rather nervous that the client may be getting impatient. I have some financial issues which have been fully declared on the form, but would have expected a reply by now.

Anyone have any recent DVA renewals and how long did they take?

Cheers

Had an EMail this week from our security people. Apparently the new online application/renewal system is causing big backlogs (some still in progress from March this year).

Don't hold your breath

Comment

B:**dy Hell!!!!!! Im screwed!

Comment

Do people not bother reading the SC sticky at the top of this part of the thread first??
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, and I got a range of 3 - 4 months.....just asking for specific experiences of current time scales. Glad I did, as 8 months and counting seems ludicrous but not surprising! :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy1973 View Post
            Yes, and I got a range of 3 - 4 months.....just asking for specific experiences of current time scales. Glad I did, as 8 months and counting seems ludicrous but not surprising! :-(
            That may be an extreme case! In my experience clearance times can fluctuate wildly. But the new system ain't helping currently.

Comment

Some of the earlier electronic applications are actually stuck somewhere in the crashed part of the Cerberus database. I suggest you ask if you can re-apply...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                Had an EMail this week from our security people. Apparently the new online application/renewal system is causing big backlogs (some still in progress from March this year).

Don't hold your breath
                Same here. Apparently the DVA (now NSV) have said that to help relieve some of the backlog any SC that is due to expire between 01/12/2011 and 30/11/2012 will get an automatic 1 year extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                  Same here. Apparently the DVA (now NSV) have said that to help relieve some of the backlog any SC that is due to expire between 01/12/2011 and 30/11/2012 will get an automatic 1 year extension.
                  Yup, that was mentioned too.

Comment

Mine took 4 1/2 months (applied in June), and Permie Co were told that anybody whose SC was due to expire should apply to renew at least 5 months beforehand.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X