• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No hot water!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hot water!

No hot water in the shower at the clients this morning! Had to make do with the stuff pumped, it felt, direct from the artic. Reminded me of boarding school.

Also reminds me of the latest story in the press about John Prescott
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    No hot water in the shower at the clients this morning! Had to make do with the stuff pumped, it felt, direct from the artic. Reminded me of boarding school.

Also reminds me of the latest story in the press about John Prescott
    Soft arse!

I notice no reference to your military days, or did you have piping hot water during your stint?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Soft arse!

I notice no reference to your military days, or did you have piping hot water during your stint?
      Being an officer, and as my men loved me so much, they always made sure I was in hot water.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Real Men (and Giant Alien Lizards) just break the ice on the pond & jump right in... bracing... as long as you avoid the heart attack induced by the thermal shock.
        reminds me of camping in Switzerland when I were a kid, despite it being summer the Ice on he top of the pool was very crisp as I was thrown in.

I had to make the most of it and not appear bothered by the cold so the prank fell flat, so ended up doing a few lengths before getting out.
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Real Men (and Giant Alien Lizards) just break the ice on the pond & jump right in... bracing... as long as you avoid the heart attack induced by the thermal shock.
          It's alright for you, you're cold blooded. As long as there's a rock in a sunny spot to lay on afterwards you're sorted.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

There are alot of bees buzzing around today...
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              There are alot of bees buzzing around today...
              I've noticed the first female walking about today in a flimsy cotton summer dress and sandals... nice

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
                I've noticed the first female walking about today in a flimsy cotton summer dress and sandals... nice
                Is that your plunger or are you just happy to see her...
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                  Is that your plunger or are you just happy to see her...
                  Sap is definately rising... always had a soft spot for ripping off flimsy cotton dresses

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
                    Sap is definately rising... always had a soft spot for ripping off flimsy cotton dresses
                    Careful now, Goldie. You aren't one of those dangerous foreigners Charles Clarke released are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X