• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How will Cameron go down in history?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will Cameron go down in history?

Poll to follow
    He saved Britain from disaster
    24.00%
    He restored Britain to her rightful place in the world, a small country on the edge of Europe
    32.00%
    He's a Scottish national hero who destroyed the English economy from within
    16.00%
    Slightly less famous than AndyW's mum
    28.00%
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

If Cameron was going to make a stand it should have been at the point where the UK was facing new regulations. If he´d done it at that point he would have garnered a lot of support. Does the City think Cameron played a blinder:

not really

In the end whatever regulations come along they´ll affect the UK whether they like it or not, but by being sidelined means the UK now has no influence at all. It isn´t just a case that all the City´s business is in the UK they do a lot of business in Europe. That will inevitably be affected by new regulation.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 10 December 2011, 10:05.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Events, dear boy. Cameron has to play the hand he's dealt - and that means he's not in a position to cover himself in Glory. I honestly think he's a decent chap making the best of a bad job - I'd rate him way above Major and Thatcher in that he's been considerably less nasty to us than either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        If Cameron was going to make a stand it should have been at the point where the UK was facing new regulations. If he´d done it at that point he would have garnered a lot of support. Does the City think Cameron played a blinder:

not really

In the end whatever regulations come along they´ll affect the UK whether they like it or not, but by being sidelined means the UK now has no influence at all. It isn´t just a case that all the City´s business is in the UK they do a lot of business in Europe. That will inevitably be affected by new regulation.
        The point is he said no, and he has to now not allow the no to become a yes
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So far the Govt did not do much in my view - the course is mildly different from the previous Govt.

Comment

"a man going to a wife swapping party without his wife"

Angela Merkel: 'I don't believe David Cameron was ever with us at the table' | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

not really

I wouldn't believe everythng the Guardian says

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                I wouldn't believe everythng the Guardian says

From time to time they get it right, wonder if they have a final issue of NOTW hanging in the newsroom...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Does anyone really know what the situation will be (as regards the Euro) in 3 weeks, never mind 3 months or 3 years?

We should learn to trust our beloved leader - he knows what he's doing. We hope.
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    From time to time they get it right
                    Like a stopped clock?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X