• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No, not again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not again...

If I hear someone else tell me

(i) It will be 1-23 on the 4th of the 5th of 06
    (ii) 'May the fourth be with you'

I shall commit a crime for which I may have to renounce my Conservative Party membership

Y'know that's just reminded me of an entry I was going to make in my blog. A lady friend from Oslo SMSed me at around midnight a few days ago to tell me this, in Norwegian, so I had to wake up fully and get a dictionary out to understand it. Y'see I thought it was something important.

Grrrrrrrrrrr
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Smith
      If I hear someone else tell me

(i) It will be 1-23 on the 4th of the 5th of 06
      (ii) 'May the fourth be with you'

I shall commit a crime for which I may have to renounce my Conservative Party membership
      The slightly different, but still butt-clenchingly boring one that I am hearing is that it will be 01:02:03 on 04/05/06 today.

Do I look bovvered? etc...
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Wait a little over a year and it will be

06:06:06 06/06/06

be afraird be very.....
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Doesn't affect me as I use Gallifreyan Relative Time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof

be afraird be very.....
            Month

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof

be afraird be very.....
              afraid

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                Doesn't affect me as I use Gallifreyan Relative Time.
                Reminds me of the time I did some Y2K compliance testing for Nortel.
                I eventually contacted one of their Israeli customers (name escapes me)
                who hadn't made any provision at all and my boss (permie days) was getting really worried.....(you're ahead of me right?)

The customer eventually told me not to worry as 'this is the year 5760'.

RS.

Comment

>'May the fourth be with you'

Usually accompanied by a slight geeky snigger and a "geddit?". Oh how we howled with laughter.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X