• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hotels in Birmingham/Leicester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotels in Birmingham/Leicester

Need to go over to Leicester in Jan, so am looking at decent hotels in either Leicester or Brum.

Not interested in travelodge or holiday inn.

Any suggestions/recommendations for somewhere to stay?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

I assume price range is contractor friendly £300+ per night?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I assume price range is contractor friendly £300+ per night?
      Best quote I heard recently, was a well known lady contractor on a night out to whom I said 'I thought the hotel was a little pricey' to whit her reply was 'So did I, but f**k it I'm a contractor.'

I reckon £300 is a little on the cheap side.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Malmaison is a nice hotel in Birmingham. We've stopped there before and had a great time

Comment

Radisson Blu in Brum.

Not the Etap, no, no, never again....

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Need to go over to Leicester in Jan, so am looking at decent hotels in either Leicester or Brum.

Not interested in travelodge or holiday inn.

Any suggestions/recommendations for somewhere to stay?
            look here:

Boutique Bed & Breakfast in Flore

private studio in a very lovely vil in Barnwell

Bartle House Rectory Hall Suite in Clumber and Hardwick
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Radisson Blu in Brum.
              whs - never disappoints
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

scooter, after your heathrow hotel story paid by your client I would not be posting at all in this thread, or on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  scooter, after your heathrow hotel story paid by your client I would not be posting at all in this thread, or on this site.
                  Perquisites for posting on a public forum, 100% good hotel experiences - cross. Dang, better cancel my account.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X