• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanted, fit body.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted, fit body.

Last Wednesday I wasn't feeling too well sitting in the hotel room, actually I was feeling downright tulipty and in quite a bit of pain. By 1:00am I'd decided enough was enough and check out and decided it would be better being ill at home. A 300km drive in the early hours of the morning ensued with rain and snow thrown in didn't help that much (although the stretches where I could really welly it, 220+, caused the pain and bad feeling to dissipate, must have been the adrenalin.) I don't normally go to doctors but nothing was getting better so Frau D. rang up and they said pop in and we'll have a look.

Popped along and after a 30 minute wait was examined by my new doctor, the daughter of my old doctor who I last saw 10 years ago. I had an ultrasound scan, some prodding and a couple of wee wee samples were given but she could not find anything apart from the fact that my liver is swollen. They couldn't take a blood sample that day but could early the next day (samples for the laboratory had already been taken off) so a 7:45 appointment was made. Painkillers and a kind of laxative were prescribed although I was pooing regularly (in fact I took the laxative stuff and I couldn't poo for nearly 3 days!) and didn't take any painkillers.

I had started started feeling better (ish) but the pain was still there (lower right abdomen but it wasn't kidney stones) and I wanted rid of it. Anyway, went along for the blood extraction and the young nurse stuck the needle in (I wasn't watching) and then took it out. Thinking that was it I turned my head and there was no blood extracted, apparently my veins were too thin. Another, slightly older but more attractive nurse came to assist, and they managed to extract a sizeable amount from the other arm. That was that for the day apart from the fact that this is now Friday, the weekend and I had a Christmas party that evening and a Kegel Abend the next evening.

Suffice to say I did not drink the whole weekend apart from copious amounts of tea and water.

Monday morning was the next stage of the crown at the dentist, all performed without injections although some pain was experienced (as in 'eeeeeekkkkk aaaaarrrrgh') and the results of the blood test in the afternoon. Over the weekend I had been reasonably fine, pain still there but subsided, even being able to go Kegeling (German skittle bowling) and 3rd division footie in the freezing cold on Sunday afternoon. There was some weird stuff happening to my arms and chest Monday morning but I deep breathed my way through it.

Back at the doctors this afternoon for the results of the blood test (I have it in front of me including the last lot from 2001 and boy are there some changes!) but I don't understand them. Anyway we discussed some of the findings (my liver is not bad but not very good either) and she gave me two choices, I could go into hospital and they'll cut me open and have a look (**** off) of I could have a CT scan (much better) but first an ECG had to be performed. They quickly did it there and then while making the appointment for the CT scan and my heart is apparently quite okie dokie. So my appointment for the CT scan is tomorrow morning which is a bummer as I was going to go back to work tomorrow so that means another day lost but better safe than sorry. What is interesting is the paperwork given to me for the scan, they're to check for acute cholecystitis (which isn't good,) liver cirrhosis (which is also not good) and undetermined abdominal problems (which could be good or really ******* bad.) I've never had one of them and I hope it doesn't involve anything being stuck up my bum. Now I'm going to cook a really tasty spag bog.

(What has impressed me is how quick this has all taken and all at my GP.)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Lower right abdomen is appendicitis isn't it?

Or if you drive a lot, maybe it's as simple as your seatbelt being too tight.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Why did you not have painkillers at the dentist?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

HTH BIDI

Comment

D'ya drink much then? How old are you?

Prolly nothing serious
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You're in your late 30s are you? Stressed over something - possibly not work but something doing your nut in? Do you ever get palpitations, or a pressure-like feeling in your chest (not heart related)? Does it ever feel like your chest is going to explode, after which the pain dies down leaving a dull but continuous ache in your right abdomen under the rib cage?

No?

Just me then.

Comment

Mmmmm. I think....

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Lower right abdomen is appendicitis isn't it?

Or if you drive a lot, maybe it's as simple as your seatbelt being too tight.
                Nope, what I first mooted it might be but its the wrong place. A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine also started getting pains down there so decided to walk to his doctor down the road. On the way he partially collapsed and half crawled the rest. Ambulance called straightaway and appendix removed promptly, very lucky as it could have burst.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Why did you not have painkillers at the dentist?
                Cos I is hard? No actually the root was removed last week so this week she just filled away some bits and stuck the long bit of metal in which is what hurt.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                D'ya drink much then? How old are you?

Prolly nothing serious
                Never drink during the week but weekends can be a bit heavy but still don't think I drink as much as many people I know. Possibly though its catching up from younger years when you think you're invincible

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                You're in your late 30s are you? Stressed over something - possibly not work but something doing your nut in? Do you ever get palpitations, or a pressure-like feeling in your chest (not heart related)? Does it ever feel like your chest is going to explode, after which the pain dies down leaving a dull but continuous ache in your right abdomen under the rib cage?

No?

Just me then.

Try late 40's. Occasionally but thats just indigestion. I've now been given pain killers, some antibiotics and some other magnesium based tablets for the (similar) above symptoms.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Mmmmm. I think....
                Had that, cured it
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Well if you'd done a bottle of vodka every night for the past 10 years then I would tip towards a gippy liver. That said the liver can take a heck of a pounding and in time recover if given the chance.

Can I ask if you have been suffering from constipation recently? And tricky turds? It could be that you are backed up to buggery and a dose of the opening medicine would have you right as rain.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Never drink during the week but weekends can be a bit heavy but still don't think I drink as much as many people I know. Possibly though its catching up from younger years when you think you're invincible
                    Not a weekday passes without a drink, 1.5 - 2 bottles of red a week max nothing more.

Get well soon.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 12 December 2011, 19:47.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X