• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Bird

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Bird

Shes georgeous

work safe, streaming video
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Here's one of mine dancing .
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      To me that looks like unnatural behaviour as a result of being caged. Poor thing.

Comment

Sacrilege, had to download something from Microsoft on to my Mac to get that to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
          To me that looks like unnatural behaviour as a result of being caged. Poor thing.
          It's a mating dance. Don't ever get between him and me...

Comment

It's a mating dance. Don't ever get between him and me...
            Yeah, about the only bird you could pull.

Comment

Good to see shes a White Stripes fan! Raconteurs next?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
                Yes, it is true the birds have generally been quite mistreated before they come to me. Yet, I manage to bring them back to health, and then usually find them good homes. Some, like Koko, become so bonded, being their first 'nice' keeper, that it is unfair to move them on again, so they stay with me. They only go in those 'transport' cages when they start to play up. When an animal that large becomes difficult to handle it is safest for them to be put somewhere to calm down, or in the case here, just work themselves out of whatever triggered response it it. But you are quite correct in one way, the animals I keep are quite insane and there is nothing to be done but to care for them as well as possible.

An example like Herman may set your mind at rest. What happened here is that the previous keeper died, an inheritor tried to keep the bird, but didn't understand its needs and the poor things beak overgrew to such an extent that it could no longer feed. I was presented with it when it was essentially starving to death. I jury rigged up an x-ray machine in the lab and made the picture to work out where to chop the beak with the help of my tame vet and a hacksaw.

They have a very large outside aviary to fly in. Would make many a zoo proud. (Yes that large. ) I would post pictures, but that would show my main home and I don't really want people to know where I live: what with animal thieves, car thieves, thieves in general really... (Although someone posted the grid co-ords previously, I forgive them, and the picture from Google maps looked good even to me.)

Comment

Working...
                X