• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Molybdenite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molybdenite

First Molybdenite Microchip

Molybdenite, a new and very promising material, can surpass the physical limits of silicon. EPFL scientists have proven this by making the first molybdenite microchip, with smaller and more energy efficient transistors.
    After having revealed the electronic advantages of molybdenite, EPFL researchers have now taken the next definitive step. The Laboratory of Nanoscale Electronics and Structures (LANES) has made a chip, or integrated circuit, confirming that molybdenite can surpass the physical limits of silicon in terms of miniaturization, electricity consumption, and mechanical flexibility.
    Marvellous.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

"doodab is geek beyond compare"

Ain't that the truth
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

When I were a young man fixing my own cars the best socket sets were supposed to be chrome molybdenum, so I suppose it must be quite hard.

You need a hard tool when working on an old jalopy or you can graunch your nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Gosh.

Yet more exotic semiconductors.

Who'd have thunk it.

Now if only it will superconduct at room temperatures, you hu-mans will almost have things sorted.
        That's so last decade

FZD Press Release May 28, 2009: Superconducting chips to become reality , superconducting germanium, Forschungszentrum Dresden Rossendorf, Advanced Materials Research - Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, HZDR

Although personally I think this is rather more exciting.

Bristol University | News from the University | Multi-purpose photonic chip
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
        X