• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many Liebour council losses ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Liebour council losses ?

Political commentators are saying that if Liebour lose less than 200 council seats, they won't have too many problems as a result. Between 200 & 250 losses will be very bad, over 250 and the party will be really out for Blair's blood.

So let's have a poll. How many council seats will Labour lose control of ?

... and already we have some wishful thinking !
    Less than 100
    20.00%
    100-150
    16.00%
    150-200
    16.00%
    200-250
    16.00%
    250-300
    12.00%
    300+
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BobTheCrate; 4 May 2006, 14:12. Reason: Correction

Have to admit my vote is more wishful thinking than anything else.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Bearing in mind only 170 (give or take) councils are holding elections, and NewLie currently hold something like 45, I think your numbers are a little out.

Still, fwiw, the more they lose the better. As long as it's not to the fecking LibDooms.

Edit - error spotted. Change "councils" to "seats".
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        Bearing in mind only 170 (give or take) councils are holding elections, and NewLie currently hold something like 45, I think your numbers are a little out.

Still, fwiw, the more they lose the better. As long as it's not to the fecking LibDooms.
        The commentators are talking about seats on the councils. Councillors are elected by ward as MP's are elected by constituancy. Losing 200+ seats is within the realms of possibility.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"Labour braced for heavy blow and 400 losses in local elections

· Bad publicity blamed as party's forecasts worsen
          · Big changeover expected in London boroughs

Patrick Wintour, Will Woodward and David Leigh
          Thursday May 4, 2006
          The Guardian

Labour expects to lose 400 councillors and control of 15-16 councils across England in local elections today.

The figures are significantly worse than officials had suggested only a week ago. A net loss of 400 seats - with 4,361 seats up for grabs - would represent a grievous blow and take the number of Labour councillors nationally down to around 6,000, the lowest figure since the 1980s.
          Labour expects to lose half the boroughs it controls..."

Source: the best newspaper when it comes to SKA reporting

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            Bearing in mind only 170 (give or take) councils are holding elections ...
            I stand corrected. Council seats not councils.

I've changed the heading accordingly. Can't seem to change the poll heading though ?

Comment

Not enough buttons. They are in fact going to win 132 seats. They will all be for the same seat in Birmingham. It will have a surprisingly high number of postal votes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Labour expects to lose 400 councillors and control of 15-16 councils across England in local elections today.
                If that is realised commentators predict could easily force an imminant leadership contest within the New Lie. In other words they'll kick Teflon Tony out.

IMO the sooner Brown takes over the better. Then people will realise how incompetant he's been and still is - well before the next GE.

Comment

It will certainly be interesting to see Brown in actual public politician capacity - despite his high profile job he managed to avoid all scandals, which IMO in many respects because he keep his mouth shut, thus avoiding saying words that can be held against him: would not be possible to act like that in PMs capacity.

Comment

Is it just me?

I don't see Gay Gordon as the next labour leader, particularly if Tone goes down in flames.
                    Just because Tone is backing him doesn't mean he will get the vote.
                    Why does the whole World see him as PM in waiting?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X